Combat Mission: Normandy, continued

Thomm

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Noting that the last official CM:N thread has been closed, I suggest that we start a new one.

I want to kick it off with the non-specific statement that update speed on CM beta versions has increased significantly since the release of the NATO module.

Best regards,
Thomm

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, I imagine they are only working on one game now?

Thomm

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
I thought a no-brainer was better than no news at all.

Best regards,
Thomm

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry, what I meant was they can concentrate all of their energy into one game now where as earlier this year it was three games.

Does this mean we will see the game in 2010?

Last edited:

Thomm

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Sorry, what I meant was they can concentrate all of their energy into one game now where as earlier this year it was three games.
Hey, your post was not offensive in any way! No need to apologize! Nor was my post intended to sound grumpy.

Best regards,
Thomm

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Does this mean we will see the game in 2010?
Thomm might not be aware but there are more than one game being worked on right now.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
That's the trouble with the written word Thomm, people can read it the wrong way, especially when the reader is from another country.
And well done trying to drum up some interest in CM Normandy. You would think Steve and Co would be trying to keep the players interested but it seems that is left to the players.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, for your information they are going to call it YANKS!

Got a nice ring to it! :joy:

Though after this past Tuesday it's anybody's guess just what a Yank actually is at the moment.

Good Hunting.

MR

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
You two have lost me now :OHNO:
Is it about your president and the mid term voting? ( why vote mid term?? why not vote after a couple of years?). I'm rambling here :p

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ROFL!

Yes, it was about the midterm voting. Not about the President. 40% of those that voted supported a party that wasn't in existance when the President took office. That will certainly be one claim no other President has. The Tea Party was formed just because of his actions. We've had other political parties come and go before so we'll see how much staying power this one has. I don't ever remember one with this much political clout that came about so quickly. Could be just a flash in the pan. Or the beginnings of an entirely new party.

The reason to vote midterm is that the real power in the US political system is in congress. Half of congress was up for reelection this past Tuesday. There will be a lot of new faces in Washington come the first part of the year.

Hard to say just what that will mean when the smoke clears.

Here in the US, a Yank is anyone living above the Mason-Dixon Line. Or ANYONE a Southerner doesn't care for. Where you're from we're all Yanks.

A Reb or Rebel is anyone that took part in the succession from the US in 1861. AKA Johnnie Reb. As he says they easily recognize each other......:horse:

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ROFL!

Yes, it was about the midterm voting. Not about the President. 40% of those that voted supported a party that wasn't in existance when the President took office. That will certainly be one claim no other President has. The Tea Party was formed just because of his actions. We've had other political parties come and go before so we'll see how much staying power this one has. I don't ever remember one with this much political clout that came about so quickly. Could be just a flash in the pan. Or the beginnings of an entirely new party.

The reason to vote midterm is that the real power in the US political system is in congress. Half of congress was up for reelection this past Tuesday. There will be a lot of new faces in Washington come the first part of the year.

Hard to say just what that will mean when the smoke clears.

Here in the US, a Yank is anyone living above the Mason-Dixon Line. Or ANYONE a Southerner doesn't care for. Where you're from we're all Yanks.

A Reb or Rebel is anyone that took part in the succession from the US in 1861. AKA Johnnie Reb. As he says they easily recognize each other......:horse:

Good Hunting.

MR
There is no "Tea Party". There are Tea Parties.

-dale