Combat Mision:Fortress Italy released

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uh? Is it released or not?

Only people who pre-ordered can download it right now. I'd bet dalem a case of beer it will be released for non-pre-orders within 24 hours of this post :)

Shorter answer: Yes, customers are playing it now.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now it's available to everyone. The CD version comes with a ringed manual (easier for reading on the hopper) and in a tin box (as long as suppiles last)

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It will probably take another 6 weeks to finish the code for the non-preorder losers!

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
It's said the demo may be sooner than later.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's said the demo may be sooner than later.
Should be sooner rather than later. I was thinking about it this morning and wondering if things are coming out too quickly now. In just under 15 months there have been 4 releases, 3 of which will have demos. That is a lot of CM buying. Makes you wonder how many people will want to buy something new every 3 1/2 months (if this pace continues). I think we'll see more and more people passing on things that don't hold as much interest for them.

Ahh, but would you bet me a case of beer that more than 100 people give a sh!t?

-dale
I would have won that one as well.

junk2drive

Reaction score
Recalling that CMBB did not sell as well as CMBO and CMAK even less. NW Europe get the USA cash while EF gets the grog. Italy is sorta ho hum.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recalling that CMBB did not sell as well as CMBO and CMAK even less. NW Europe get the USA cash while EF gets the grog. Italy is sorta ho hum.
That has been my feeling too, since my ASL days. But I'd be lying if I said I didnt have fun with R35s and their canister rounds, figuring out how the get the most out of my Italian squads and running around with my tankettes.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I too was wondering if Battlefront's release schedule wasn't too ambitious considering that they could possibly flood their own market. I have just been finding time for the Commonwealth Module and along comes CMFI. However I have bought it and it looks very good. I might have to wait till my retirement to play them all...........;)

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
|So its been out for a wee while now. How does it play compared to CMBN? Are the advances so great that I need to buy it to practice playing V-2?

Bearing in mind that Im not a fan of Sicily and also, my impression of the screenshots and video was, CMSF terrain.

Also, are there new animations for infantry etc that will appear in CMBN?

Last edited:

Sgt_Kelly

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
|So its been out for a wee while now. How does it play compared to CMBN? Are the advances so great that I need to buy it to practice playing V-2?

Bearing in mind that Im not a fan of Sicily and also, my impression of the screenshots and video was, CMSF terrain.

Also, are there new animations for infantry etc that will appear in CMBN?
From playing it I couldn't tell you what's new.

I really want to like this game because in essence it is a cracking good game. But there are so many frustrations when you're playing I just keep getting fed up with it. Between the engine's foibles (MG can't fire over a low wall, suppressive fire being completely nerfed by one intervening tree, most of all the entirely unpredictable spotting algorithm) and the frequently boneheaded scenario design (taking mortar fire before you've had a chance to move, a general absence of any tactical challenge) I quickly find myself not wanting to bother.

slm

Reaction score
But there are so many frustrations when you're playing I just keep getting fed up with it. Between the engine's foibles (MG can't fire over a low wall, suppressive fire being completely nerfed by one intervening tree
This reminds me of one thing I frequently see in CMBN scenarios: tanks can drive through a low stone fence (and make a hole in it during the process), but they can't drive through a hedgerow of similar height. Does anyone else think this is weird? I've seen real tanks drive over pretty thick trees without any problem, crush cars by simply driving over them, but in the game a hedge maybe 1 meter tall seems impassable.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From playing it I couldn't tell you what's new.

I really want to like this game because in essence it is a cracking good game. But there are so many frustrations when you're playing I just keep getting fed up with it. Between the engine's foibles (MG can't fire over a low wall, suppressive fire being completely nerfed by one intervening tree, most of all the entirely unpredictable spotting algorithm) and the frequently boneheaded scenario design (taking mortar fire before you've had a chance to move, a general absence of any tactical challenge) I quickly find myself not wanting to bother.
So that will be a no then! I often have the same sentiments when playing CMBN. Spending a long time setting up an attack or manouvering only to have your whole strategy fall apart because of something the game mechanics do is not fun. I think the difference is that in CM-1 games you pretty much knew the variables the game put in and worked to avoid them. CMBN can be frustrating because you cant understand why something is happening, why your tank can see an enemy but not shoot or why the enemies tank can at times feel like its got a 360 degree awareness.

Still, it seemed to be getting better but from what your saying, Im not really going to miss out on anything by skipping it. As I said to Elvis, once the game leaves Sicily and arrives in Italy it wont be much different from CMBN as there will be no Italians and the terrain will be a lot more European.

Cheers