Combat Campaigns Online OOB Management Tool

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For future projects, I am working an a newly improved and streamlined Combat Campaign Format that will be much more automated and player friendly. The current version I feel, is much too detailed and overly complicated for most players to get the most enjoyment out of it. The Island Civil War format seemed to flow pretty well and IIRC, was pretty enjoyable for the majority of players who were able to get involved.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A little eye candy of what's going on. I'm experimenting with a Tacops map designed by Don Maddox.

Quite possibly in the future, I can use the msn encarta maps or even real topo's. The only trouble with using the real topos would be building the accurate reprodutions of the large # of corresponding SP maps (and still having a life).

I may or may not use another with same type layout. :smoke:

You will have to view it with IE since Firefox doesn't want to read my Frontpage code correctly. --> A 4-Way War

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have updated the map to reflect a joint RED and BLUE force invasion of Green's home island. You can see the invasion forces entering from the North and West while the island's defenders move to block them.

The white areas are those without military unit garrisons/occupation.

Again, please note:
You will have to view it with IE since Firefox doesn't want to read my fancy Frontpage code correctly. --> A 4-Way War

Achilles

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
It looks great.... I am tempted to resume my active status as a pbem player...:devious:

cheers,
Pyros

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the DRAFT OB tracking format. --> TEST WAR. I pretty much have it figured out how to set up each teams area BUT I am having trouble with setting it up to display the unit oob equipment listing directly under each unit. Such as;

1st Red Cavalry
.....8x Somua S-35
.....1x LT Model 1934
.....7x Scout Team

I can get it to show the units and the equipment but getting the tables and queries set up to correctly to display it the way I want is not working how I would like.

Some things the players will be able to edit, some they won't.
Also need to work on the Unit Creation pages. :mad:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I have recently purchased some new PHP/MySQL software to start building an online OOB Management Tool to support future Combat Campaigns. :laugh:

It will allow commanders to track their OOB's, create new units, edit existing units, track hex/zone locations and some other things. It will incorporate some export features so that we can export the data to a text file for pasting into the forums which should save a large amount of typing for some of us. I will be able to set security levels for who can do what to certain data.

It will NOT have any integrated map features BUT will be used in conjunction with the newly modified COCAT II that will be available soon!

Obviously, it will take some time for me to get up to speed on how it works and get some data entered to play around with. When that time comes I may ask for some playtesters to give it a run through. ;)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is a link to the latest PHP/MySQL Campaign Tracking Website. It will mainly be for tracking players, units, equipment and things like that. At some point each team will have their own secure area with their specific data.

For now, its all in one database:

Combat Campaign Database

You can log in using the following;

username: guest
password: guest

Last edited: