Columbus Area Boardgaming Society

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Could be a very interesting week for our club ... The regional subruban newspaper(s) with a subscription base of 350,000 is going to print a full color feature article on the game club supposedly this coming Thursday. Our meeting is the next night ..

If just 1 in 10,000 decide to visit that's 35 more people. 1 in 25,000 gets us 14 new gamers. I suspect it will add about 10 more people to our attendance over the next couple of months.

They will feature both wargames and eurogames and how we are successful in merging the two at our club and convention.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CABS BREAKS RECORD

We broke our record Friday Night.

70 GAMERS at our meeting !!!

First gamers arrived at 4 p.m. for HAMMER OF THE SCOTS ...

Last gamers arrive at 10:45 p.m.

Doors closed at 1:45 a.m.

70 GAMERS !!! AWESOME !!!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll look forward to stopping by and seeing what you guys are up to at Origins in a few weeks! :D

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Overseer
I'll look forward to stopping by and seeing what you guys are up to at Origins in a few weeks! :D
Looking forward to stopping by next weekend to see the War Room. Hopefully I will have enough time on a tight schedule to talk with you guys!!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cabs Breaks Record !!!

In what some thought would be a down meeting 'cause of ORIGINS starting Wednesday ... CABS drew a record 78 gamers to the meeting last night !!!

It was a record crowd for wargamers also ... as games of STALINGRAD, MEMOIR'44, BRITIANNIA (x2), AGE OF NAPOLEON, ASL, INVASION AMERICA, EUROPE ENGLUFED, and KINGMAKER were played. Around 30 'wargamers' of the 78 ... About 40% - not bad ...

Everyone is pumped for ORIGINS as Jodie P, and Anthony G, - two big head honchos of GAMA were in attendance last night playing games at the meeting.

Also want to thank 'GEPARD' here for comng all the way from ALABAMA to our CABS meeting.

SEE YOU IN THE WAR ROOM !!!

Gepard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a Great Set of Gamers

I must say that I had a ton of fun. Got in about a game and a half of Britania. I didn't do so well as the Green player in the first game. I was doing much better as the Blue side in the second game. We had to call the second game a tie at 1 am.

I would recommend this group as an excellent place to find a quality gaming experience.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CABS at Origins !!!

The ORIGINS WAR ROOM opened last night and there were at least 60+ wargamers pushing their counters around !!!

We are excited to see that many gamers on Wednesday night and will be looking forward to the crowds we will be seeing through the weekend !!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks to all that stopped by and saw us and the ORIGINS WAR ROOM.

We hope that you all had a good time.

We are excited that we tripled the goal set for us by GAMA/ORIGINS.

We invited all of you to attend our own convention - THE BUCKEYE GAME FEST in September.

www.buckeyeboardgamers.org is our site ...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We had 70 gamers attend our JULY 2nd. Meeting.

We thought for sure that it would be a down meeting - but boy were we wrong !!!

We had gamers that had driven 2 hours to game with us. We had a couple that changed their flight plans so as to come into Columbus on Friday night instead of Saturday as planned so that they could say that they had attended a CABS Meeting.

Next meeting is July 16th - PIZZA paid for by GAMA and CABS will be on hand !!! See you there !!!

NO pictures were taken of this meeting.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JULY 16th

CABS has 100 gamers show up for our meeting.

Our 98th gamer showed up at mid night so a call went out to some friends of friends to hunt down two gamers. Around 12:45 a.m. our 2 gamers showed up got into a game and we counted. 100 gamers - 25 FREE pizzas - the head of GAMA and 10 hours of gaming from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CABS MEETING

65 at the last meeting ...

1027 gamers since the beginning of the year ...

Now a dozen or so of us are off the the WORLD BOARDGAMING CHAMPIONSHIPS this week ...

See you there !!!