College Football Predictions

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
OK Everyone:

Who plays for the National Championship in January?

For my money, it's Alabama vs. Ohio State.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgia vs The Ohio State University.

Bama cant have everything go right again? Can They!

Georgia wins it all, sad to say.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most likely SEC champion vs. Louisville.

Although it could happen, I think the chances of other teams going undefeated are low.

Just so everyone understands what is coming is that the SEC champ game is going to be somewhat meaningless in the near future. The "playoff system" will most likely have 2 SEC teams and the next best 2 teams. In many cases the teams playing in the SEC champ game will be the same two teams in the playoff.

Chas

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Although it could happen, I think the chances of other teams going undefeated are low.

Just so everyone understands what is coming is that the SEC champ game is going to be somewhat meaningless in the near future. The "playoff system" will most likely have 2 SEC teams and the next best 2 teams. In many cases the teams playing in the SEC champ game will be the same two teams in the playoff.

Chas

Interesting thought, Chas. However, I'd hate to see the same two SEC teams playing potentially three times in the same season.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Georgia vs The Ohio State University.

Bama cant have everything go right again? Can They!

Georgia wins it all, sad to say.

I think they can potentially have everything go right again this year. If they pound Va Tech on Saturday like they did Michigan last year, watch out. Their toughest game is at A&M on the road, and all the other tough games are in Tuscaloosa.

The Ohio State University is going to be interesting. Meyer has been able to bring speed to the team, which may make them competitive with the SEC powerhouses. (DISCLAIMER: Born and raised in the Akron, OH area).

Clemson may be a wildcard if they can get past Georgia on Saturday. Tough task, but doable.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Chas
Louisville? that's even funnier than Nebraska.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The same Nebraska team that got destroyed by the third place team in the Big10 championship last year?
You fine sir are delusional.:nuts::laugh:
Different schedule, different team, different year...only significant hurdle is likely Ohio State in the B10 Championship. I like our odds against Ohio State. The obvious bet is Bama - Ohio State but I follow College FB pretty closely and have yet seen the teams at the end of the year be the front runner choice at the beginning of the year. A lot of weird **** can happen.

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I don't think it's probable, but I hope it's Michigan! All the other teams can kiss my ***. Anyway, there's only one championship that matters, and that's the Divisional Championship. National Championships in college football are just shows. How can a team win more than one championship in one year? It doesn't make any sense. I liked it better when the Division Champion played in a bowl game.

Last edited:

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I don't think it's probable, but I hope it's Michigan! All the other teams can kiss my ***. Anyway, there's only one championship that matters, and that's the Divisional Championship. National Championships in college football are just shows. How can a team win more than one championship in one year? It doesn't make any sense. I liked it better when the Division Champion played in a bowl game.
You mean conference champions rather than divisional champion, correct?

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Ya, I mean Conference Championship.

Thanks for my laugh of the day.

Only 92 more days until that team up north is reminded who's their daddy again!

9 wins out of the last 13 years (not including the vacated win) isn't too bad of a track record.

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm...it'll be an SEC team, but not Alabama...and the roadkill will be, oh say, Ohio State. I'll go with Texas A&M. It'll be the last SEC championship team featuring a wide-open quarterback-driven offense, cuz it's going to be the ole power-running game dominating the conference after this year.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So Much for Georgia. The SEC sure didn't look like the power conference yesterday.
A quick retraction - You were correct. The same Nebraska team from the Big 10 Championship game showed up last night and let Wyoming hang 602 yards on them and let them come back from 17 points down to almost win the game in the last minute. It was pretty bad. Should have watched Georgia - Clemson.

Saw the damnest call I have ever seen before - a roughing the passer flag during a sack of the quarterback who still had the ball. The officiating crew had 4 key calls overturned by video - 2 of them scores. And no, the game had nothing to do with officials because those calls went both ways, just one of the worst games I had ever seen called and the officials consistently getting calls wrong on the field.

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
So Much for Georgia. The SEC sure didn't look like the power conference yesterday.

Disagree; Georgia's test will come next week when South Carolina makes the trip to Athens.

Let's reserve judgement on the SEC being the power conference until about week 7. That should give enough time for things to settle out.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Disagree; Georgia's test will come next week when South Carolina makes the trip to Athens.

Let's reserve judgement on the SEC being the power conference until about week 7. That should give enough time for things to settle out.
Bama won pretty big, but 21 points off of special teams and defense. I wasn't overly impressed, but you are right that teams need to settle in through the month of September.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
A quick retraction - You were correct. The same Nebraska team from the Big 10 Championship game showed up last night and let Wyoming hang 602 yards on them and let them come back from 17 points down to almost win the game in the last minute. It was pretty bad. Should have watched Georgia - Clemson.

Saw the damnest call I have ever seen before - a roughing the passer flag during a sack of the quarterback who still had the ball. The officiating crew had 4 key calls overturned by video - 2 of them scores. And no, the game had nothing to do with officials because those calls went both ways, just one of the worst games I had ever seen called and the officials consistently getting calls wrong on the field.

Saw the same thing in the Alabama-Va Tech game with the color commentator. He claimed that a McCarron pass should have been called intentional grounding because an eligible receiver was blocking.