College Football 2014

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Brady Hoke shown the door (with a $3 million buyout) at Michigan the same day his predecessor is named Pac-12 Coach of the Year.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately I agree. If they do win it Urban Meyer should be a shoe in for Big 10 coach of the year but there is a definite bias against naming OSU coaches COY. Hey looks like Nebraska is looking for a new coach. I thought sure Brady would be the first to go.
Wow, the 3rd string kid looked good. Congrats to Ohio State. Like to see Wisconsin the other side of the spanking machine for once. That was complete domination. I think Marriotta (sp?) just wrapped up the Heisman after Gordon laid an egg and he had a great game against Arizona.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
And let the controversy begin . . . . . . .

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, the 3rd string kid looked good. Congrats to Ohio State. Like to see Wisconsin the other side of the spanking machine for once. That was complete domination. I think Marriotta (sp?) just wrapped up the Heisman after Gordon laid an egg and he had a great game against Arizona.
YUP. I Figured the Bucks would make it after that showing. Reminded me of the butt wopping Urban Meyer put on the Bucks in the National Championship. The guy can get his team ready for the big games. Gonna be a fun New Years day win or lose.

PS: it doesn't hurt that the Buckeyes bring the most viewers to the table.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Reports have Jim Harbaugh going to Michigan on Tuesday with a six-year $48 MILLION contract.

Looks like it's time for the boosters to pony up and give Nick Saban another raise.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/12/28/report-harbaugh-leaving-4ers-to-coach-michigan/?intcmp=HPBucket

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12086655/michigan-officials-town-meet-jim-harbaugh

Who knows, maybe Harbaugh can do the one thing Bo didn't do -- win a National Championship (although Bo did win one when he was an assistant at Ohio St under Woody Hayes in 1961)

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Nice show of sportsmanship, Florida State!! Fisher should have forced them to come back out on the field.

Damn those Ducks look tough!

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice show of sportsmanship, Florida State!! Fisher should have forced them to come back out on the field.

Damn those Ducks look tough!
Bye Bye Bama. Best team on the field probably didn't win, but thank god don't have to hear about how Bama walks on water and causes the tides to change for at least another 7 months. I am in search for a new team after Nebraska is getting turned into Oregon State - East Campus. I have seen this play before with Callahan.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bye Bye Bama. Best team on the field probably didn't win, but thank god don't have to hear about how Bama walks on water and causes the tides to change for at least another 7 months. I am in search for a new team after Nebraska is getting turned into Oregon State - East Campus. I have seen this play before with Callahan.
The best team did win. The numbers prove it. If it wasn't for that punter of Bama's they would have gotten beat by 20.

The SEC has NOTHING to brag about the best division in football ever, went
2-5 in bowl games with the top 5 teams losing. What a bunch of over rated pansies. The Big10 east went 4-1 Including wins over the #1 &5 ranked teams. Not to mention what Wisconsin did beating Auburn.

Bring on Oregon it's duck season.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: As an Oregon graduate, I assure you that the other team is doomed.

Funny, that's what they all say. Too bad y'all can't come to Autzen. We make a ruckus most teams will never know. Won some awards for loudest stadium, if I recall correctly.

View attachment 48369
Well that is all fine and dandy if the game was actually being played in Autzen Stadium. Last check, the game was being played in Arlington. I guess you guys need to be extra loud.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The best team did win. The numbers prove it. If it wasn't for that punter of Bama's they would have gotten beat by 20.

2-5 in bowl games with the top 5 teams losing. What a bunch of over rated pansies. The Big10 east went 4-1 Including wins over the #1 &5 ranked teams. Not to mention what Wisconsin did beating Auburn.

Meh, I guess we shall see. Still think Alabama was the better overall team, but the score was the score and they are watching it on TV. I still expect Oregon to win by 21. As for the SEC, I am sick of hearing about how they only play real football in the SEC, yet got wiped up during the bowls pretty good. No tears shed for the SEC or Bama for that matter.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We like to be vocal about our quality...

Well that is all fine and dandy if the game was actually being played in Autzen Stadium. Last check, the game was being played in Arlington. I guess you guys need to be extra loud.
Yep, being played in Arlington because they don't like it too noisy.

Guess it's nerves or something...:whist:

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Agreee with the best team comment. Alabama looked out of it from the opening kickoff, and if it wasn't for the second return guy, could have been down 7-0 with no time off of the clock to start the game. Horrible clock management by both teams at the end, Alabama just worse than Ohio State at it.

Actually, the SEC went 7-5. East went 5-0 and West went 2-5, with the lowest ranked schools winning.

Not sure I'd make a whole lot out of this year's showing; Auburn and LSU lost on overtime/last second field goals, Miss St had trouble with Georgia Tech's triple option (as does everyone else -- Ohio State had trouble with Navy's option too), and to me, the least surprising was the TCU destruction of Ole Miss. They had a point to make.

Being born and raised in NE Ohio, I was probably the only person in the state that truly didn't care who won the playoff game. However, it is just a little better being able to rub it in Meesh!tgan's face.

Now the question is will the Ohio State defense be able to keep it close to let the offense have a full range of options. If they have to play from two touchdowns down, it's going to be difficult, if not impossible. While I'll be rooting for Ohio State, I wonot be disappointed with an Oregon win. Mariota has done the work and deserves the win. He also seems to be a pretty standup kid.

After the results of this year, how soon until they expand to eight teams?

Last edited:

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreee with the best team comment. Alabama looked out of it from the opening kickoff, and if it wasn't for the second return guy, could have been down 7-0 with no time off of the clock to start the game. Horrible clock management by both teams at the end, Alabama just worse than Ohio State at it.

Actually, the SEC went 7-5. East went 5-0 and West went 2-5, with the lowest ranked schools winning.

Not sure I'd make a whole lot out of this year's showing; Auburn and LSU lost on overtime/last second field goals, Miss St had trouble with Georgia Tech's triple option (as does everyone else -- Ohio State had trouble with Navy's option too), and to me, the least surprising was the TCU destruction of Ole Miss. They had a point to make.

Being born and raised in NE Ohio, I was probably the only person in the state that truly didn't care who won the playoff game. However, it is just a little better being able to rub it in Meesh!tgan's face.

Now the question is will the Ohio State defense be able to keep it close to let the offense have a full range of options. If they have to play from two touchdowns down, it's going to be difficult, if not impossible. While I'll be rooting for Ohio State, I wonot be disappointed with an Oregon win. Mariota has done the work and deserves the win. He also seems to be a pretty standup kid.

After the results of this year, how soon until they expand to eight teams?
Only team I really wanted to see lose was Florida State. Winston has turned out to be a real punk. Might be awhile for a 8 team format. The teams going to the championship game are already playing 15 games to get there. The first 12 games pay the bills at home, the conference championship unless you play in the Little 12, and three playoff games might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Throw in the super conferences where they want everyone playing a full schedule in the conference, then 3 or 4 out of conference games that everyone wants to see cross conference match ups in September, I just don't think they will get there. Heck, even this year, there were only 5 teams that should have been in the playoffs so I think the push for 8 will fall off a bit.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the SEC is going to regret pushing for the playoffs. If this was under the old BCS system Bamma would now be the champions over FSU.

I'm happy with the season no matter how this game comes out. Don't mind losing to Oregon as much as I would have BUMA or FSU.

The SEC east was lambasted for being terrible. My favorite was watching Mark May having to praise OSU and Joey Galloway throwing it in his face. The reign of the SEC is over for now. The PAC 12 and Big 10 are just as good.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
H
I think the SEC is going to regret pushing for the playoffs. If this was under the old BCS system Bamma would now be the champions over FSU.

I'm happy with the season no matter how this game comes out. Don't mind losing to Oregon as much as I would have BUMA or FSU.

The SEC east was lambasted for being terrible. My favorite was watching Mark May having to praise OSU and Joey Galloway throwing it in his face. The reign of the SEC is over for now. The PAC 12 and Big 10 are just as good.
Well upper tier of Pac-12 and Big 10 is just as good. Top to bottom, I would still rate SEC the best overall conference, but clearly at the top quarter, other conferences can compete and win.