College Football 2014

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Holy cow! I'm glad I didn't make a fool of myself by saying that South Carolina was my pick to win the SEC championship.

My Hogs will get thumped by Auburn on Saturday, but I think they'll cover the 20 point spread.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oregon probably getting 3-5 since it at Oregon but only W's matter. I wouldn't put much money on MSU but I'll wager a PFFFFTTTT! It sure will be the game to watch in week 2 since Braxton in out if MSU wins they will jump into the top 5.
46-28 Oregon. Thought MSU was going to start muscling them in the second quarter, but Oregon gave them a good whipping in the end. Michigan getting embarrassed by ND, 31-0, check that 40-0. Wow Michigan sucks. Good thing they don't have to play ND anymore so they don't get embarrassed like that again. Looks like they got bailed out with a penalty, so 31-0.

Night is perfect if VA Tech beats the Ohio State thugs. Up 7 on them last check.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Bad day all around for the Big 10. don't forget the even though Nebraska won, it took a last second TD at home vs McNeese St.

I particularly love the fact the Me-sh!t-gan put up a big fat 0 on the scoreboard against ND. At least they've finally found a way to beat App St; pay them more money to lose!

Best play of the season so far: Idaho pockets $975,000 for merely kicking off to Florida.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bad day all around for the Big 10. don't forget the even though Nebraska won, it took a last second TD at home vs McNeese St.

I particularly love the fact the Me-sh!t-gan put up a big fat 0 on the scoreboard against ND. At least they've finally found a way to beat App St; pay them more money to lose!

Best play of the season so far: Idaho pockets $975,000 for merely kicking off to Florida.
Oh yeah, Nebraska sh*t the bed pretty bad. Got out with a W, but definitely a Pyrrhic victory. I detest ND, but seeing Michigan put up a goose egg against them was also pleasing. If anything to shut up the Michigan fan boys for another year.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Mitch Leidner ran for a touchdown and passed for another and Minnesota beat Michigan 30-14 on Saturday to win the Little Brown Jug for the second time in 24 years.

Minnesota (4-1, 1-0 Big Ten) also got a 30-yard interception return for a touchdown by De'Vondre Campbell, highlighting a defensive effort that saw the Golden Gophers limit Michigan (2-3, 0-1 Big Ten) to 171 yards of total offense.

This is the first time Michigan has three losses in a season by the end of September in its 135-year football history, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

David Cobb accounted for 161 of Minnesota's 229 total yards in the first half, which ended with the first of three field goals by Ryan Santoso to give the Golden Gophers a 10-7 lead. Cobb finished with 183 yards rushing on 32 carries.

Leidner, who missed last week's win against San Jose State with an injury, completed 14 of 22 passes for 167 yards, including a touchdown to tight end Maxx Williams.

Michigan sophomore Shane Morris, making his second career start at quarterback, completed 7 of 19 passes for 49 yards before being replaced by former starter Devin Gardner in the fourth quarter.

Michigan had just 106 yards of total offense and Morris had thrown eight consecutive incomplete passes when Gardner entered the game with 11:17 left in the fourth quarter.

Gardner led the Wolverines on 74-yard scoring drive in his first action, scoring himself on a 3-yard run to pull the Wolverines within 30-14 with 7:27 remaining in the game.

Cobb turned a screen pass into a 33-yard gain to set up Minnesota's first score, a 10-yard rollout run by Leidner with 8:00 left in the second quarter that tied the game at 7-7.

The senior running back averaged 5.7 yards per carry against a Michigan defense that entered the game ranked ninth in the NCAA with rushing defense at 80.3 yards per game.

De'Veon Smith led Michigan with 57 yards rushing, including a 10-yard touchdown run.

Hey Dion, another Michigan first!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

171 total yards of offense. Fans leaving the stadium midway through the 3rd. I'd have asked for my money back if I was them.

God, how I hate the Weaselines!

You know, I don't think they'll even make the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl this year.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Dion, another Michigan first!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

171 total yards of offense. Fans leaving the stadium midway through the 3rd. I'd have asked for my money back if I was them.

God, how I hate the Weaselines!

You know, I don't think they'll even make the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl this year.
They're only worth 2 cokes a pair anyway. haha.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow this weekend turned CFB on it's head. Could a team from Mississippi actually win it all?

It's almost no fun watching Meechigan getting thumped every week anymore. ALMOST. hehe.

I was at U of Kentucky this weekend when they beat USC at home. Man that campus knows how to party. There may be some ugly young coeds there but they keep them well hidden. (dirty old man Smiley)

Can't wait to see if OSU can light up the board like this against MSU. If they can they have an outside shot at the playoffs. #whoneedsBraxton.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow this weekend turned CFB on it's head. Could a team from Mississippi actually win it all?

It's almost no fun watching Meechigan getting thumped every week anymore. ALMOST. hehe.

I was at U of Kentucky this weekend when they beat USC at home. Man that campus knows how to party. There may be some ugly young coeds there but they keep them well hidden. (dirty old man Smiley)

Can't wait to see if OSU can light up the board like this against MSU. If they can they have an outside shot at the playoffs. #whoneedsBraxton.
MSU plays like it did the first 3 quarters against Nebraska, then OSU without Braxton will be lucky to find the end zone. OSU isn't a playoff contender so might as well as get that dream out of your head. As for the Mississippi schools, we will be done talking about them by the end of October is my prediction. Both good teams, but I saw some flaws with both that a decent team on its game will exploit the crap out of and they will have each have a loss going into November. The experts really need to talk about the Playoffs starting in November rather than August, because they all look like a bunch of 5 year old's chasing the soccer ball around the field.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

The only thing better than Michigan losing last week is Michigan losing this week! Go Nittney Lions!!

Unfortunately, I think OSU will have a tough time against MSU, seeing that the game is in East Lansing. But, just maybe . . . . .

But what the hell's going on with the polls? Arizona going from unranked to 10th (beating Oregon)? TCU from 25th to 9th (beating Oklahoma)? Ole Miss from 11th to 3rd (beating Alabama on a last second interception)? Mississippi St from 11th to 3rd (beating Texas A&M)?

The SEC West is going to be a bear to win. With Auburn's schedule (at Miss St, at Ole Miss, at Georgia and at Alabama, with Texas A&M at home) if they win out, they should just be declared the champs.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MSU plays like it did the first 3 quarters against Nebraska, then OSU without Braxton will be lucky to find the end zone. OSU isn't a playoff contender so might as well as get that dream out of your head. As for the Mississippi schools, we will be done talking about them by the end of October is my prediction. Both good teams, but I saw some flaws with both that a decent team on its game will exploit the crap out of and they will have each have a loss going into November. The experts really need to talk about the Playoffs starting in November rather than August, because they all look like a bunch of 5 year old's chasing the soccer ball around the field.
MSU did the same thing at Oregon except that Oregon had the guns to overtake them late in the game where as Nebraska didn't.

A 1 lose Big Ten team has just as good of a shot as a one lose ACC or Big 12 team does. I don't see any team that right now is a shoe in for the playoffs. Lots of FB to be played. I hear that a lot that polls and such shouldn't come out till 1/2 way through the season but its fun to talk about and it all works out on the field anyway.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only thing better than Michigan losing last week is Michigan losing this week! Go Nittney Lions!!

Unfortunately, I think OSU will have a tough time against MSU, seeing that the game is in East Lansing. But, just maybe . . . . .

But what the hell's going on with the polls? Arizona going from unranked to 10th (beating Oregon)? TCU from 25th to 9th (beating Oklahoma)? Ole Miss from 11th to 3rd (beating Alabama on a last second interception)? Mississippi St from 11th to 3rd (beating Texas A&M)?

The SEC West is going to be a bear to win. With Auburn's schedule (at Miss St, at Ole Miss, at Georgia and at Alabama, with Texas A&M at home) if they win out, they should just be declared the champs.
Agree on all accounts. It's a night game at UM going to be interesting to see how many empty seats are in that big toilet bowl in the ground. Um is the ugliest stadium in sports. ND then OSU are the coolest stadiums.

Just was reading UM's leading rusher is out for the rest of the year. When it rains it pours.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Good news everyone!

Michigan is now #5 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . in the ESPN Bottom 10!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good news everyone!

Michigan is now #5 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . in the ESPN Bottom 10!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
They were #5 last week. Plenty of other teams sh*t the bed this past weekend to earn that #5 spot.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did Notre Dame get screwed there at the end of the FSU game? I thought it was a legitimate call - but there has been a firestorm over it, and maybe I need to re-think my position here (and yes - as the Jets sink into irrelevance, I am watching more and more college pigskin).

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did Notre Dame get screwed there at the end of the FSU game? I thought it was a legitimate call - but there has been a firestorm over it, and maybe I need to re-think my position here (and yes - as the Jets sink into irrelevance, I am watching more and more college pigskin).
It was a legit call. Pick plays are a no-no, and they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. If he would have run his route correctly he would have rubbed the defender on his way by, but he ran his route poorly and cost them. Domers always find something to cry about, but when even Lou Holtz who is a real fan boy for ND is saying it was a penalty, then kind of seals the deal for me.

BTW - If you are a Jet's fan who needs to drown his sorrows in CFB, then I suggest you pick out your favorite college team and buy a jersey. It will probably get more use over the year's than that Joe Namath Jet's jersey you have hanging in your closet. :laugh:

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not so sure it was a good call. The defender had his hands all over the receiver. The defender instigated the contact. It's a judgement call that I don't think is clear cut. Hey you live by the luck of the Irish you die by the luck of the Irish. Besides I don't want to see anyone finish the season undefeated. Even with 4 teams in the playoffs its going to be controversial who gets in.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not so sure it was a good call. The defender had his hands all over the receiver. The defender instigated the contact. It's a judgement call that I don't think is clear cut. Hey you live by the luck of the Irish you die by the luck of the Irish. Besides I don't want to see anyone finish the season undefeated. Even with 4 teams in the playoffs its going to be controversial who gets in.
Don't worry, but Ohio State will have 2 losses so they won't be part of the controversy.

BTW - The DB had no choice to have his hands on him when he is getting blocked. Lame argument the Domers are going with in my opinion, but regardless the game is over but apparently the crying is just getting going.