College Football 2014

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
OK everyone, only 10 days to a new college football season. And a new way to determine the champion.

So, who's going to be in the final four? (and no Dion, Michigan will not be one of the four)

My picks, in alphabetical order are:

Florida State
Ohio State
Oregon
South Carolina

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK everyone, only 10 days to a new college football season. And a new way to determine the champion.

So, who's going to be in the final four? (and no Dion, Michigan will not be one of the four)

My picks, in alphabetical order are:

Florida State
Ohio State
Oregon
South Carolina
No Bama this year? Thought it was a sin punishable by hanging to not have Bama winning it all every year? :p

Pretty good list. Not sure if SC or Oregon would be on my list. Maybe Auburn, Oklahoma or even Texas but they would be a long-shot. My Huskers could have a good year if the D plays to potential, but they need to get a little lucky down the November home stretch and champ game against Ohio State to make it. I just don't see it happening at this point.

Regardless, the best time of the year is about upon us.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
No Bama this year? Thought it was a sin punishable by hanging to not have Bama winning it all every year? :p

Pretty good list. Not sure if SC or Oregon would be on my list. Maybe Auburn, Oklahoma or even Texas but they would be a long-shot. My Huskers could have a good year if the D plays to potential, but they need to get a little lucky down the November home stretch and champ game against Ohio State to make it. I just don't see it happening at this point.

Regardless, the best time of the year is about upon us.

It's actually a flogging offense. Not sure on the 'Bama QB situation yet; defense should play to it's potential though. I think Auburn will have a tough season; they have to play 7 of the preseason Top 25. Ohio State has a fairly easy schedule; only one Top 25.

I think that all five of the power conferences could have an undefeated team this year and wouldn't that be interesting. I see this whole thing expanding to eight teams in a few years and that should then end any controversy.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time to take Ohio State off that list. Just heard that Miller might be out for the season. Replace with Nebraska or Wisconsin coming out of the Big 10.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Time to take Ohio State off that list. Just heard that Miller might be out for the season. Replace with Nebraska or Wisconsin coming out of the Big 10.

Out for the season, per ESPN. Still, OSU should be good enough to beat that team up North, which is all that counts.

Is there any other team in the Big 10 capable of going undefeated?

I'll modify my prediction to:

Florida State (seven home games including Clemson, Notre Dame and Florida)
SEC Champ
PacWhateverTheNumberIsNow Champ
SEC Runnerup (if only one loss)

I think that the Big10 and Big12 will get left out this year. Definitely if no one is undefeated, possibly is there is an undefeated. Could be very interesting how the panel will decide if the SEC division winners go into the Championship game undefeated. Is a one loss SEC team better than an undefeated Big10 or Big 12 team?

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Out for the season, per ESPN. Still, OSU should be good enough to beat that team up North, which is all that counts.

Is there any other team in the Big 10 capable of going undefeated?

I'll modify my prediction to:

Florida State (seven home games including Clemson, Notre Dame and Florida)
SEC Champ
PacWhateverTheNumberIsNow Champ
SEC Runnerup (if only one loss)

I think that the Big10 and Big12 will get left out this year. Definitely if no one is undefeated, possibly is there is an undefeated. Could be very interesting how the panel will decide if the SEC division winners go into the Championship game undefeated. Is a one loss SEC team better than an undefeated Big10 or Big 12 team?
Oklahoma probably has the best chance to get out of the Big 12 undefeated. Wisconsin and Nebraska are definitely long shots to go undefeated. I don't see a one-loss SEC team jumping over an undefeated Big 12 / 10 champ so your dreams of Bama sneaking in just got a little more remote.

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hay, MS01, you can kiss my Maze and Blue ass. Like over 900 times, the number of Mee,shegain victories. The best record in all of collegiate football. A bunch of national championships, Big 10 championships, and that one year when they outscored their opponets 550 - 0. Ya, that ain't no typo, that's 550 - 0!

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hay, MS01, you can kiss my Maze and Blue ass. Like over 900 times, the number of Mee,shegain victories. The best record in all of collegiate football. A bunch of national championships, Big 10 championships, and that one year when they outscored their opponets 550 - 0. Ya, that ain't no typo, that's 550 - 0!
So what is there record while YOU have been alive? Meechigan living in the 1920's

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oklahoma probably has the best chance to get out of the Big 12 undefeated. Wisconsin and Nebraska are definitely long shots to go undefeated. I don't see a one-loss SEC team jumping over an undefeated Big 12 / 10 champ so your dreams of Bama sneaking in just got a little more remote.
Michigan State beats Oregon and they are one of the 4.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Did you enjoy the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl last year?

Oh, wait, another loss. 5-8 in bowl games since 2000.

Last National Championship in 1997 (the state I live in now has won 4 of the last 5 and had a team in every game). Before that, the previous NC was in 1948!! Since 1948, Ohio State has won SIX!! How does that feel?

Last Conference Championship in 2004. How does it feel to a 10-year consecutive loser?

Only 98 days until The Game in The Horseshoe. 3-10 in The Game since 2000. Brave enough to bet your avatar on it for the month of December?

Try not living off of the glories of 1900-10; live in the present.

Last edited:

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Michigan State beats Oregon and they are one of the 4.
Might lay a gentlemen's wager on that with you if they end up playing. I don't think Michigan State has the defense they had last year. However, Oregon seems to have an inferiority complex and cannot seem to bring their A game when its needed most.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Might lay a gentlemen's wager on that with you if they end up playing. I don't think Michigan State has the defense they had last year. However, Oregon seems to have an inferiority complex and cannot seem to bring their A game when its needed most.
MSU and Oregon play the second week of the season.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you enjoy the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl last year?

Oh, wait, another loss. 5-8 in bowl games since 2000.

Last National Championship in 1997 (the state I live in now has won 4 of the last 5 and had a team in every game). Before that, the previous NC was in 1948!! Since 1948, Ohio State has won SIX!! How does that feel?

Last Conference Championship in 2004. How does it feel to a 10-year consecutive loser?

Only 98 days until The Game in The Horseshoe. 3-10 in The Game since 2000. Brave enough to bet your avatar on it for the month of December?

Try not living off of the glories of 1900-10; live in the present.
O-H ,damn rep gun empty.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, didn't realize that. Gentlemen's bet. I will take Oregon straight up.
Oregon probably getting 3-5 since it at Oregon but only W's matter. I wouldn't put much money on MSU but I'll wager a PFFFFTTTT! It sure will be the game to watch in week 2 since Braxton in out if MSU wins they will jump into the top 5.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone out there remember this??

[video=youtube;N9zpDEsqrbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zpDEsqrbs[/video]

Well, guess who's coming to town tomorrow?

I really don't think the result will be the same, but, what if history repeats itself?

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scratch SC from your original list. Getting smoked that bad at home. I think its time for the 'ole ball coach' (aka whiny little bit&h) to hang up the cleats.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone out there remember this??

[video=youtube;N9zpDEsqrbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zpDEsqrbs[/video]

Well, guess who's coming to town tomorrow?

I really don't think the result will be the same, but, what if history repeats itself?
Heard that Michigan was having trouble selling out the Big House this year too.....kicking Michigan should be recognized national past time. Hell, I am not even from Ohio either.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Scratch SC from your original list. Getting smoked that bad at home. I think its time for the 'ole ball coach' (aka whiny little bit&h) to hang up the cleats.

Texas A & M looked awfully good. The best part was the press conference with Spurrier after the game.

[video=youtube;ws5lZCkR6iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5lZCkR6iw[/video]