Collection organization

da priest

Reaction score
If youse guys are going to do this can you do it in an organized fashion?

Start the thread with the Rule number if it is a Rule mod.

Start the thread with a module name or mag name if a scenario--

or something like that?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is useless as it is. It will very quickly become useless in any event..

We need a way for someone to eidt / organize the stuff that's posted.

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geesh Sam,

Dont hold back. :oops:

Useless?

I dont think so.

(and better than anything MMP has put on the WWW in 6 years)

da priest

Reaction score
Ok it is all supposed to be Perry sez, or also MMP sez?

How about all Subjects being listed as:

MMP Errata: (module/Journal/HS-name)

Perry Rule Answer: Rule# (like A21.23)

Just wish the Perry sez board could be Alpha organized so you could review it fast and find the stuff.

Like I always say:

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There's not to much I can do, as I'm limited by the Forum software. To do what is being asked means examining and understanding the source code, then modifying it.

I'm already swamped with requests to fix and improve the OARS website, in addition to managing the Forums site.

If someone has the time and skill to do the work, then by all means, download the forum source code (click on phpBB at the bottom of the page), add the feature and send me the code. I'll review it and add it to the site.

That goes for anything else you might feel like improving on the site (hint, hint).

The best I can do immediately is assign extra moderators to manage the Perry/MMP Sez forum. I'd allow moderators to modify posts and subjects. At least they can go in to fix the formatting to follow the guidelines.

Let me know if you're interested,

Nat

da priest

Reaction score
Phemur said:
There's not to much I can do, as I'm limited by the Forum software. To do what is being asked means examining and understanding the source code, then modifying it.
Assume this is in relation to Alpha listing?

Phemur said:
The best I can do immediately is assign extra moderators to manage the Perry/MMP Sez forum. I'd allow moderators to modify posts and subjects. At least they can go in to fix the formatting to follow the guidelines.
If we could find some s*cker to do this, we'd first have to agree on the "format", or have you dictate the format. Probably best to make the entries non-repliable too, and initially could organize by alpha when the original batch is set-up?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the best solution is for someone to collect and organize these into its own eeb page.

I volunteer.

Instead of posting "Perry Sez" here, send them to me. I'll collect and try to organize them. Then I'll post a link where they can be found.

Sam

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's right. Only chronological order is supported. I'm trying to see if there's an easy way to set it to alphabetical order, but there doesn't seem to be any.

If we could find some s*cker to do this, we'd first have to agree on the "format", or have you dictate the format. Probably best to make the entries non-repliable too, and initially could organize by alpha when the original batch is set-up?
I've received an email suggesting this, actually. It's actually not a bad idea, assuming we can get it in alphabetical order on the Forums.

The other option (which is the right option, in my opinion), is to write a seperate Perry/MMP Sez website. That would be far easier that trying to shoehorn the phpBB software into a searchable data warehouse role.

The ASL-Forums.net site has enough bandwidth and diskspace to host such a system, and that what I've proposed to Sam in an email. As you've read, he's agreed. I'm anxious to see what the result of it will be.

Nat

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Phemur said:
I've received an email suggesting this, actually. It's actually not a bad idea, assuming we can get it in alphabetical order on the Forums.

Nat
Not sure if this has been brought up, but wouldn't it be best to organize it by ASLRB Rule? Kinda like the Q&A?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a good start at collecting / posting Perry Sez's to my web page. See www.dicetower.com and follow the links to "Perry Sez".

Eventually, I will post everything that is listed in this forum. In the mean time, if you have a "Perry Sez" and its not already on my site (or you're not sure) send it to me.

Thanks
Sam

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have posted a hundred or more "Perry Sez" on my website. I am adding more as I have time.

It will probably be complete about the same time AoO comes out - when the sun is a cold, dead lump of charcoal.

Sam

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I now directly send my "Perry sez" stuff to Sam.
Believe it will take less place than filling the present collection.
Besides, I hope Sam eliminates all my "basic-stupid-ought to read rules better" questions... :wink:

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
Now that the forums have been merged I would like to reopen this issue. I believe that with the forum software, topics can be renamed ? It would be useful if the topics could be renamed in accordance with suggestions posted elsewhere in this topic. Also, it would be useful if non-related material could be moved to the appropriate forum.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I can certainly rename the titles of the threads, that's easy enough. I can't however, make them display in a different order. You do have a variety of options at the bottom of the page that will make a forum display in a different order, but none of them are alphabetical.

I will rename all of these threads if someone will look up the appropriate rule numbers and list them here.