Collecting Errata for 2nd Edition Scenario Designers Handbook

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just a brief announcement and request. I've recently stopped selling the Scenario Designer's Handbook:

http://tacticalwargamer.com/publications/sdh.htm

This is in anticipation of a 2nd edition. The new edition will not be substantially different from the first. There are a couple of goals I wish to achieve with the updated version:

a) streamline the layout slightly with a better alignment of the text on the page
b) correct any typographical errors that crept into the first edition
c) with the release of Hakkaa Päälle, the last of the core modules, ensure that the information in the Finnish section is compatible with the new ASL counters
d) update the mapboard (including the 'double-wide' types) and overlay listings and relocate them to an appendix for ease of reference

I have received some useful feedback over the years and will look at making some minor corrections to the text without substantially changing the character of the book. I will be pleased, and grateful, if anyone wishes to forward any additional feedback, including typos, errors of fact, comments on sections they found useful (or not), or suggestions for improvements on layout, etc. Again, however, the intent is not to rewrite the book or require anyone who already owns it to re-obtain it. This will primarily be a cosmetic change to keep the book current for new purchasers, reflecting the continuing growth of the ASL system.

I prefer communication to come via email at madorosh@shaw.ca. I don't generally read my PMs here. Thanks in advance, and thanks to all who have supported the project since publication in 2007.