Collateral Attacks and First Fire

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Hi All

There is a doubt about collateral attacks

The situation is this: A CE Tiger that is marked with Prep Fire has two British 4-5-7 squads ADJACENT. In the MPh, a SS 3-4-8 HS assault moves beneath the Tiger and the two squads fire at the HS as its First Fire, so...is the Tiger CE affected by collateral attack? or A7.4 is mandatory even if the PRC of the Tiger are vulnerable?

Thanks to all, and excuse me for the last post: due to an error I send it unfinished

Txema

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
almogaver266 said:
The situation is this: A CE Tiger that is marked with Prep Fire has two British 4-5-7 squads ADJACENT. In the MPh, a SS 3-4-8 HS assault moves beneath the Tiger and the two squads fire at the HS as its First Fire, so...is the Tiger CE affected by collateral attack? or A7.4 is mandatory even if the PRC of the Tiger are vulnerable?
Only moving units are affected by fire during the MPh (with the exception of rubble creation killing other units). Even if the vehicle was a truck and not a tiger, it would be unaffected as it is not moving.

almogaver266

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Thank you

I must have fired in the subsequent DFPh to harm the Tiger...I rolled a 1,1 DR and the result of the attack was a 2MC that the HS passed....:(((

da priest

Reaction score
almogaver266 said:
Thank you

I must have fired in the subsequent DFPh to harm the Tiger...I rolled a 1,1 DR and the result of the attack was a 2MC that the HS passed....:(((
Hmmm, did the 2 Brits fire as a FG at the Tiger and HS? Had they previously fired?

Assuming they had fired previously their FP would be 8, AREA for Final Fire and ADJACENT for PBF. Results would be 3 on IFT for HS(1,1 +1 for Tiger if not moving), and 4 for CE Crew(1,1 +2 CE modifier). For a result of K/2 on HS and 2MC on CE Crew.

Am I missing something?