Collateral Attack

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How does a collateral attack work?
I am firing the cmg (Az2/ AA3) vs the Armored assault units in BB7. I declared a specific collateral attack vs the AFV (hit but NE) and then because they are moving together I use the same TH DR to attack the PRC in the hex. I know the Infantry are not PRC, technically, but they are moving with the AFV. Do I have this correct or am I mistaken?

Thank you

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Collateral attacks sound more complicated then they really are.

You do not "declare a Specific Collateral" against anything. You either fire at the AFV specifically (by making a TH DR against it), or you fire a weapon more generally at the moving units (like a Mortar which fires at the entire hex or most any weapon that can fire at the assaulting Infantry). Collateral attacks just explain what happens to any vulnerable PRC in either case.

In your case, making a TH DR against the AFV means that no other unit in the hex can be affected other than the specific collateral attack vs any vulnerable PRC (D.8A). The assaulting Infantry are not affected. If there was any PRC, they would receive a 6FP attack using the same DR.

YOU could instead fire the CMG at the assaulting Infantry. In that case, any PRC on the AFV may be affected by a general collateral attack, but the AFV would be unaffected.