Coin envelopes - Back to the future?

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am going to use 2 of them. One for Axis, 1 for Allies 5/8 in. counters plus all of the LFT/ BFP, & LC extras as well.

The 3 storage trays will help in that you would not have to expose everything to an accident and the containers themselves are lockable. They look like a winner so far.
Do you have them yet? Do they seem solid?

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, here's what I settled on after some prototyping. Based on @jrv 's "bags in pockets" approach married with the @Ganjulama 's Chapter H labels, printed on cardstock paper and reformatted to 1.9" x 1.9" squares (and with nothing but the Note number, name and picture(s). The cardstock insert provides stiffness to the bags making it easier to get them in and out of the pockets. It also helps hold the counters in place reducing the amount of "air" in the system. I end up with 9 counters per bag for high volume vehicles. I can also put my self-printed turret counters on reverse side of the bag (or additional NT vehicles or guns, giving 18 guns/vehicles per bag - great for the used truck lot for the Opel Blitz's). For my German kit (which includes all the standard modules and HASLs) it takes up 8 pages for vehicles and 1 page for guns.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you have them yet? Do they seem solid?
No, I have to take a trip to the container store. For some reason, they won't ship it to me. They really look solid and i have the 27 compartment container and they are solid hard plastic.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These look very interesting. I used the larger sized coin envelopes (4.25" tall) and most the playing card boxes are too small. This one looks like it will work. They seem to be in stock at our local Container store so I'll try to swing by this weekend or sooner. I'll report back when I get one to try out. :)
Were you able to go to the store and see these containers? Do they look functional?

I've yet to make the trek.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Were you able to go to the store and see these containers? Do they look functional?

I've yet to make the trek.
Sorry, was busy with life. I did buy a small and large container. Some pictures of the small box are below.

As I mentioned, I used the No 3 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" coin envelopes, which ended up being a mistake as it is hard to find containers that fit them properly. As the pictures show, they don't quite fit standing up in this container. I could put them on their side but I don't think I could fit that many in each container. Now I still have a large chunk of my collection to convert to coin envelops so I think I will go with the smaller No 1 type (2 1/4" x 3 1/2") which should fit well in these containers.

I do like that they are plastic with a tight cover so they will be water resistant. Croix de Guerre is arriving soon so I'll test this out with the French vehicles and guns. :)

Thanks
MikeS

Attachments

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, thanks. I have the No. 1 envelopes. I am thinking of buying the inserts (3) that fit into the small container to limit how much you would have to pull out of the container at one time.
Probably purchase them next week.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, thanks. I have the No. 1 envelopes. I am thinking of buying the inserts (3) that fit into the small container to limit how much you would have to pull out of the container at one time.
Probably purchase them next week.
I use pieces of styrofoam as 'spacers' in my current boxes which works nicely. I'll try to take some pics of the boxes I use currently. In short, they are boxes for photographs and they work okay (I can fit a nationality per box) but they are not plastic and therefore not water resistant.