Code of Bushido

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hoping someone could help.

Code of Bushido lists West of Alamein as a necessary module. Will "For King and Country" cover what Code of Bushido originally needed from Alamein?

Thanks
Jesse

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jshultis said:
Code of Bushido lists West of Alamein as a necessary module. Will "For King and Country" cover what Code of Bushido originally needed from Alamein?
Well, mostly. There is one scenario in CoB that uses Chapter F. Otherwise you really just need the brit OB from FKaC.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jesse, forget about it. In all likelihood, you will play few if any of the scenarios that come with Code of Bushido (many of which are long, or extremely involved, or use exotic rules). What you want Code of Bushido for is the Japanese OB and the maps. With those, you can play all the cool PTO scenarios that have been released SINCE Code of Bushido. That is the real reason to get it.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Come to think of it Mark, you're right. Can't recall playing a single COB scenario, although I have often wanted to play The Bushmasters and the Eastern Gate.

My first PTO was Cibik's Ridge out of Gung Ho. I then played a game of Shanghai in Flames. That's a fun scenario. Chinese and Japanese in a city fight with fire spreading all around. You will KNOW your kindling rules by heart after that scenario. :twisted:

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark,

Thanks for the input, I'll focus on other modules at this point. Still trying to get my hands on Red Barricades at a reasonible price.

Jesse

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to make sure we are on the same page, you absolutely must get Code of Bushido, and get it fast. It's that King and Country thing you can forget about.

jshultis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the clarification. I originally misunderstood.

Thanks
Jesse