CoD players

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are interesting in getting online with other WHQ/ACG members and play vs other WHQ members and not against the mass "head-less chickens" usually found in a CoD online game post here & send me a PM for more info.

Also looking for a couple of experienced CoD players to "lead" the rest of us rookies on how to play online / get into a server, what the icons mean etc...

Anticipate having limited # of players allowed, password required (WHQ/ACG members only) making our own "server" at the Activision site.

(Have to start somewhere...)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes it is & yes I am, but the CoD players "here" seem to not be finding the site over "there."

"Here" it seems to be individuals playing CoD, we're looking for WHQ players to get together to play as a group against each other at the same time instead of "whenever" and against "whom ever."

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in and I could help out with "leading" I spent many an hour on COD on line. (just ask my wife! :nuts: ) Someone explain the 5th acg to me I have seen it mentioned here.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
doomonyou said:
I'm in and I could help out with "leading" I spent many an hour on COD on line. (just ask my wife! :nuts: ) Someone explain the 5th acg to me I have seen it mentioned here.
It's a gaming clan - affiliated with Armchair General (and thus The War Forums themselves) and primarily dedicated to playing FPS games as a team.

http://www.5acg.com

Dr. S.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
It's a gaming clan - affiliated with Armchair General (and thus The War Forums themselves) and primarily dedicated to playing FPS games as a team.
True, but I'm looking to get some interest going for some WHQ players to just get together and play online as a friendly group, joining the ACG clan is there as an option.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What can I do

I would love to be part of the ACG team, let me know what I need to do. I play COD quite a bit (mostly weekends) and would welcome playing with fellow ACG members.
Look forward to playing with against you all. :devil:

CD

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Now that I'm Broadband I might be able to play with the rest of the Battalion at last - so far I've been stuck at HQ doing the paperwork. :D

I have CoD and CoD UO - just tell me where to go and what version you're running and if you have a session that coincides with a good UK time, I'll show up.

Warning - I'm not terribly good!

Dr. S.

Patrocles

Reaction score
cool! I'll keep my eyes open for 5ACG meetings. I will be your perfect opponent; I'm a lousy shooter and I serve as an excellent target! :p

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Patrocles said:
cool! I'll keep my eyes open for 5ACG meetings. I will be your perfect opponent; I'm a lousy shooter and I serve as an excellent target! :p
We'll stumble through together then - maybe they'll let us guard the barracks or something.

Dr. S.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You need to check out the 5th Batt ACG CoD forum for the "CoD Battle Team" posts. I've been trying to set up a game for us Fri the 8th- but for some reason I can't start server. (I can join one but not start one)

We'll try and set up another day/time and someone else can start a server for us.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Doctor Sinister said:

http://www.5acg.com

Dr. S.
ha ha! yeah, with broadband we can no longer use the "internet lag" excuse after being killed! :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Palantir said:
You need to check out the 5th Batt ACG CoD forum for the "CoD Battle Team" posts. I've been trying to set up a game for us Fri the 8th- but for some reason I can't start server. (I can join one but not start one)

We'll try and set up another day/time and someone else can start a server for us.
All one needs to do is start a Server from within the game?

I've tried and I can definitely create one - obviously, no idea whether or not anyone else can see it.

Dr. S.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
All one needs to do is start a Server from within the game?

I've tried and I can definitely create one - obviously, no idea whether or not anyone else can see it.

Dr. S.
That is how you do it, but most likely you will need to poke some holes in your firewall, otherwise it will block all of the people trying to access the game. Unfortunately, that means more holes for potential hackers to go through, although in most cases it isn't a problem. I would just recommend finding an empty server and just everyone joining that.

I'm willing to game if anyone would like too...I have both the original and UO, if I can find the disks :(

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
ha ha! yeah, with broadband we can no longer use the "internet lag" excuse after being killed! :)
Sure you can! Some of the COD servers lag worse than old fashioned internet connections!