CMN Release Date

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although posted on the 5th, I did not see this until today (although Geordie did and has the last post on the thread):

"We are still aiming to have the game itself done before the beginning of the year. Meaning all the features we plan on being added should be in the game. How long it will take to get the game released after that... we're not sure. But a couple of months is certain. Therefore, it won't be January. However, none of us want it to be April either."

Link--see post #73:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1165639#post1165639

Patrocles

Reaction score
Although posted on the 5th, I did not see this until today (although Geordie did and has the last post on the thread):

"We are still aiming to have the game itself done before the beginning of the year. Meaning all the features we plan on being added should be in the game. How long it will take to get the game released after that... we're not sure. But a couple of months is certain. Therefore, it won't be January. However, none of us want it to be April either."

Link--see post #73:

Nice find!

Not January...and not April...must be February or March? I put my money on late March for release of CMN

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I put my money on Jun/Jul 2010. If they continue to slip things the way everything else has been slipped then this is a reasonable estimate of the earliest we may see the new game.

After all, each Module seems to be taking almost 9-12 months alone and they should be easier to do than a whole new game.

I'm not certain why its delayed but as the Campaigns seem to take the longest to iron out and Im presuming that they havent even been built yet then even though they have a finished game they need to test the campaign fully before release.

If it is earlier I will be a happy bunny, but on this one Im opting to go for the 'glass half empty' take.

He never did answer my final question though, maybe I hit a nerve by saying that he actually provided my expectations?

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

"We are still aiming to have the game itself done before the beginning of the year. Meaning all the features we plan on being added should be in the game. How long it will take to get the Ugame released after that... we're not sure. But a couple of months is certain. Therefore, it won't be January. However, none of us want it to be April either."

Link--see post #73:

Lucky for him he didn't mention which April. I said on the BF forum that I would be back when CMN arrived, looks like I may last the year at this rate.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I saw the first post I thought "haven't we done this already?" then I saw the date.

Tricksy, Geordie - very tricksy. :)

-dale

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sadly, and I do mean sadly, I dont think 2010 is going to be an option for CMN.

CMA, looks mid Sep for the English version release. I read that BF was possibly contracted to a lot of this game, I could be wrong though. If Im right, then by October Charles will be working patches for CMA.

The NATO module isnt even out the door astef over a year of delays (one reason being that it was put on hold to concentrate on CMA). The NATO module may possibly be out this year, if not, its taken almost as long to produce one module as it did CMAK, a stand alone game.

Where does this leave CMN? Well playtesting has been ongoing for almost 2 years now I suppose. In all of that time we have seen almost nothing of the game. Heres what I know about CMN:

There will be different bridge types.
Defensive features will be governed by FOW.
There will be a bigger variety of Buildings.
No SS or German Paras.
QBs will resemble CM-1 type QBs with cherry picking. But with no random maps.
Theres a Tiger in it.
Its 1-1 infantry rep, mortar squads will contain the appropriate number of guys etc.
All the Beta boys are addicted to it and have been for years now.

Its not really much to learn from a game that has been constantly played for 2 years now.

Oh, and once CMSF NATO is finished, CMSF-2 is going to be started. So say NATO is out in Nov/Dec, then CMSF-2 will only be 3 years away!

I think all BF have proved with their module concept is that they cant do concurrent titles and what you actually get is one game published over 3.5 years, thats delayed content, not modulation if you ask me.

So, a return to the Ostfront in about 9 years then...... I think the succesor to CMBB will be PCO.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In one way or another PCO may figure into BFC's return to WWII. It may not, but it very likely will. We may never know just how much other games coming to release may also be affecting what BFC does with the CM system.

Good Hunting.

MR

junk2drive

Reaction score
BFC Steve, Charles and Moon may be thinking that WWII doesn't sell well enough anymore to justify the amount of work involved compared to producing and selling more mainstream (modern?) titles. They will just buy PC and enjoy someone elses work.

vulture

Reaction score
Country
ll
Last info on the subject was from Steve:

On top of that, the player can now purchase and place a wide array of defensive works including barbed wire, bunkers, foxholes, and even trenches. That's right, trenches! All of these elements follow the rules of Fog of War, including trenches. Yup!

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow.

If that all comes together it would be a major "listen to customers" item. We started out with "nobody needs this ****, we have more important things to do".

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wow.

If that all comes together it would be a major "listen to customers" item. We started out with "nobody needs this ****, we have more important things to do".
I think it's major pointer to the mess that CMSF was, or to the audience it was aimed at and CMN is now not, maybe?

Rule_303

Reaction score
Wonder if they'll back-port hidden trenches, OPs and foxholes to CMSF as part of the NATO module? That would open up a lot more realistic ambush opportunities for RED that are now badly missing, at least from non-urban settings.