Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What claification are you looking for reagrding CMRT and 3.0? CMRT was built using the 3.0 version of the engine.

HHmmmm.......Pacthes aren't ordered or available for mail......

If you mean the 3.0 Upgrade, it does say if it comes with a manual:

View attachment 52957

I'm not sure what your looking at. I just looked at both the Mac and PC versions of the CMFI+GL bundles and they both show no printed manual.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "At least it clarifies now what happens with 3.0". What was unclear that has been changed to make it more clear?
I think you still don't get the point. You inform the buyer whether there is a printed manual included in the mail package only after they made the decision to buy the mail package. You need to inform the user earlier, on the page where you ask whether mail or download is desired.

CMFI/Gustav is the only product where the description makes it actually clear what the 3.0 status is. All the other products assume that the user magically knows. Such as with CMRT. How is the buyer supposed to know that it always is 3.0? I own it from the beginning, do I remember that detail? No.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I have to admit this one isnt really getting my interest. How does it compare to CMBN?
I noticed that AP rounds that ricochet off armor, are now once again exploding on the ground for some reason. Since this was already corrected in a patch, it is very odd to see it in a demo for CMFB.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, the CMBN manual is the only one sold out?

Edit:

So, they caveat the order page also. Why not just change the actual items included? Eh, the manual probably still has the same incorrect information.
That is what is happening. When you select what you're buying, it lets you know what you'll be receiving. The fulfillment department is not the same as the website content department. The fulfillment department designates what is available and that information is automatically populated into the screen shots that you see (and I have posted). Is it the best system in the world? Is it the worst system in the world? I don't know but I've let you know how to check it if anyone is confused. If Redwolf is concerned about others, he can certainly contact the people that can make the changes and voice his option. The new website and store are being built, so that might be a constructive use of time.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
It isn't consistent. They should all have the caveat IOW. Eh, the game isn't consistent either. The more I think about the Realtime/Turn-Based nature of presenting the game, the more I appreciate the utter confusion and lack of management.

Redwolf, here's the contact info...Give Mr. Von Balkedum a call...

http://www.manta.com/c/mt7r4rf/battlefront-com-inc

Edit: 600K??? Jeesh Delis in NY do better than that.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It isn't consistent. They should all have the caveat IOW. Eh, the game isn't consistent either. The more I think about the Realtime/Turn-Based nature of presenting the game, the more I appreciate the utter confusion and lack of management.

Redwolf, here's the contact info...Give Mr. Von Balkedum a call...

http://www.manta.com/c/mt7r4rf/battlefront-com-inc

Edit: 600K??? Jeesh Delis in NY do better than that.
I'm not sure what caveat you mean. It's all moot anyway. I was just trying to help an old guy get the information that he was looking for. Bugger off lecturing me about how anyone thinks it should be. As I said in my last post... Is it the best system? Is it the worst system? Who knows. It's changing anyway so BFD. Geez

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although,Butt, that link you pasted did give me a chuckle. Number of employees: 1 and Martin is the only one listed. Which means that it is exposed that Steve and Charles are really just beta testers.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
You will be able to download immediately AND will receive the hardgoods by mail.
LOL! Hardgoods. Can I get a side of Hardgoods to go with my Soft Wares?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Here's what they get Johnny!

You will be able to download and play immediately. You will ALSO receive discs or printed manuals (if applicable) in the mail.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Oh, this sounds like its a definite maybe....

Please note: this item ships exclusively out of our US location and is not stocked in our EU warehouse. Any orders including this item will be fulfilled out of the US. The Tin Case Limited Edition is now sold out, and the packaging instead includes a regular Amaray DVD case. Printed manuals will only be available as long as supplies last

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Ahhhh! The future is the solution to all our present problems...May it never come...

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Actually...In BF's case...the Past was the solution to it's present day problems...Namely, the Good Old Website Store! After all the Hoopla about the need to have a new Store, they used the old one. Hopefully, CMFB will have its own unique stilted sales wording to take its place alongside its other CMX2 products.

I suppose the Past also explains the strange anomaly of the ricocheting exploding AP rounds somehow returning? Somehow, the Ghost of Software Revision Control Past haunted Chuckies 'puter? Or maybe he was actually working on the wrong version of the game? Grinning and humming to himself as he coded away?

In any case, I see other people have pointed out the missing mortar artwork in the Arty Control Panel (or whatever its called). I am a creature of habit (and bad habits), and always check the artillery before starting a game. I suppose playtesters are different. How it could have possibly NOT been noticed (and declared a "Good Catch" after it was unleashed) is beyond me. {And why are the 81mm HE rounds listed twice? 100 HE, 10 HE and X#Smoke? Are they trying to model the larger 81mm Heavy round? Is this a way to get around the Smoke depletion bug when calling HE?}

Stay tuned to this channel kiddos!

Elvis: I hope you get trapped 36 hours in an elevator with MikeyD, Emrys and Kettler in a power outage and they all have full colostomy bags and swinging 'Depends'. And your laptop batts are dead.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I see other people are also noting the very strange lack of revision control and reappearance of 'fixed' items going 'unfixed'. Also, it appears that reported bugs are not getting fixed. No slight on Elvis, he just forwards those items that are reported as bugs. How they are handled, or ignored, is really above his pay grade.

Those poor saps that actually order 'hardgoods' seem to be on a waiting list. By the time it gets there, there might actually be a patch they have to DL anyway. Why do people want hardgoods again? Who really needs a manual? Its the same customers buying the same stuff or something in the 90-95% range.

I read recently how SG was whining about not getting any 'Military Money Loving' for his COTS products. He blames everyone but himself or his company. I snickered with a cynical wild abandon at this. He has no clue what is going on in his company yet thinks this game is somehow a professional training aid a world class military would procure? Anyone with any military basic training would note that something as simple as what they call the various motion commands just reveal them to be a bunch of civvie posers.

So what will 2016 bring? Patches? Promises? Windows 11? Inquiring minds want to know...

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
There is no "Hunt" order for a platoon?
Its much more basic than that.

CM is in some semi-quasi-sub-platoon fantasy land. If you have real military officers as customers, and you are showing them the mechanics of play of CMBS, they will think you are some sort of kook.

Calling a movement order SLOW is a good example. In the real world, its called Low Crawl. To be even more technically clear, you use low crawl and also high crawl. But, I would expect that the TACAI would decide which to use depending on suppression etc. To call it 'SLOW' is very odd. If you showed an officer a string of soldiers running in a strait line, with no interval, and people firing at them?... I think that real military officers would immediately think "CMBS? I know what the BS part is"...".

Real military people are concerned with reality. Training is based on tactics and drills. BF has no clue what drills are and the game is some undisciplined buff's wet dream. Soldiers snap to and do insane things that some player wants. And they do it in a very odd manner.

I am not saying that the game could not further evolve into something that might be useful as a training aid. But I am saying that BF, at this point, does not appear to be able to even develop its own software in a simple traceable manner. The game is at some level that is "Not Broken and Good Enough". If SG thinks that is a COTS prodcut that meets any training criteria, he is just balls out daytime tripping.

Revision Control is a BIG part of working with any government or military project. SG thinks its all about connections and being liked or getting a champion, etc. The truth is, he might not be able to toe the line. Its less talk and more doing. And keeping track of whats going on. again, I have done it. Just like I once stood a post. There's talk, and there's doing.

Edit: I can just imagine what any officer would say...
Col. Moneybucks "So, how do you give standing orders?"...
SG "Oh we have Realtime...Er, we can play the game in two modes one is realtime...and we can give orders faster".
Col. Moneybucks "Er, OK, but that is not an SOP"
SG "We don't need SOPs, we have a TACAI"
Col. Moneybucks "You mean TACAIR?, that is not what I am talking about"
SG "We feel SOPs are slippery slopes"
Col. Moneybucks "Maybe we can reconvene at a later date...."

Last edited:

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see other people are also noting the very strange lack of revision control and reappearance of 'fixed' items going 'unfixed'. Also, it appears that reported bugs are not getting fixed. No slight on Elvis, he just forwards those items that are reported as bugs. How they are handled, or ignored, is really above his pay grade.
Nothing gets ignored. And some things don't need fixing. I see all sorts of weird stuff on The Desk. As you mentioned, it all gets passed on. But a lot of it needs to be checked to see if it is an actual bug. Here's a kinda funny one that I got the other day. It's a good example of something that looks like an obvious bug:

It turned out that he had installed the 3.0 Upgrade for CMFI but never had installed the 1.12 patch.

Those poor saps that actually order 'hardgoods' seem to be on a waiting list.
The physical discs actually went out sooner than normal. They began shipping on the 5th and were all out the door by last Saturday. Back in the olden days.....going all the way back to CMBO....., when a game went "Gold" (the current version was deemed ready for release) an announcement was made that the game had gone Gold and had been sent off to have the discs made. That process to make and ship the discs took between 4 and 6 weeks. Now, with digital downloads, when the game goes Gold it can be released immediately as a download but it still takes about the same amount of time to produce the discs and manuals and ship them. The digital download became available in the beginning of April (I forget the exact date...maybe the 4th or 5th or somefink) and the physical discs began shipping a month later.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Last edited: