CMFB Demo released

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=344&Itemid=606

And as an aside, since it has been said on their forums publicly....The current beta builds are in Final Candidate stage...meaning that it's pretty much testing installers and cleaning up any last minute little things that go along with that.
No, he said this...

The full game is nearly ready. We'll see if there's anything catastrophic in the demo that requires tweaking of the full version. We are not planning on releasing it this weekend, just so you know.

Steve
So, they have unleashed a rough demo on a unsuspecting public, with the full intent of using them as guinea pigs.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Um, yes. You said "meaning that it's pretty much testing installers and cleaning up any last minute little things that go along with that."

While SG said "The full game is nearly ready. We'll see if there's anything catastrophic in the demo that requires tweaking of the full version. We are not planning on releasing it this weekend, just so you know."

You think that is the same?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um, yes. You said "meaning that it's pretty much testing installers and
cleaning up any last minute little things that go along with that
."

While SG said "The full game is nearly ready. We'll see if there's anything catastrophic in the demo that requires tweaking of the full version. We are not planning on releasing it this weekend, just so you know."

You think that is the same?
I'm not sure what you're saying? Are you asking if this:

cleaning up any last minute little things that go along with that
Means the same thing as this:

We'll see if there's anything catastrophic in the demo that requires tweaking of the full version.
My initial response would be , yes, obviously. Are you seriously arguing about semantics?

But if you'd prefer...

Aw man, you caught me. Damn, and I thought that I'd get away with it. And I would have, it it wasn't for you meddling kids.

(like that better?)

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
It's got nothing to do with you really. Its the absolute lack of respect that SG flaunts in front of his own customers.

Since when is a demo a means for looking for catastrophic issues? I have found a handful of issues, btw, and if that's his attitude, then maybe I will raise them AFTER the product is spewed out.

In any case, I think you were speaking of one thing....cleaning up any last minute little things that go along with that...and he is speaking of another. And being disrespectful. "Little" and "Catastrophic" are at other ends of a spectrum in my world.

Little Catastrophes. Big Niggles. Whatever.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's got nothing to do with you really. Its the absolute lack of respect that SG flaunts in front of his own customers.

Since when is a demo a means for looking for catastrophic issues? I have found a handful of issues, btw, and if that's his attitude, then maybe I will raise them AFTER the product is spewed out.

In any case, I think you were speaking of one thing....cleaning up any last minute little things that go along with that...and he is speaking of another. And being disrespectful. "Little" and "Catastrophic" are at other ends of a spectrum in my world.

Little Catastrophes. Big Niggles. Whatever.
You're reading too much into it. I think I saw a post somewhere today where he mentioned that the final version was in the hands of testers to see if their monitors would explode in their faces. Frankly, I don't even remember if it was on the beta forum or public forum and it doesn't matter either way. It's a light hearted way of saying that things are wrapping up. If you want to read more into it than that, enjoy.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you folks add clarifications to the order pages? Such as whether printed manuals are included in physical shipments?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I think he didn't say that. But, it doesn't matter. He did say that they will not be releasing the product till later. I think that was clear. IF I were customer that pre-ordered, AND it seems that they want to wait to see what the demo uncovers, THEN I would be a little irate.

To be honest, since I won't buy the product, I am actually a happy non-buying-customer to get the demo so soon.

At this point, what does a demo really do? Get virgin customers that have never played the game before? I would put that percentage in low single digits. Is it showing off new Features? Not really since there are no new Features. So, it IS probably just another means to get free playtesting.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To expand on the above. When you got to the order page of any game on the website, it shows what's included in the purchase. When the physical game manuals are no longer available, they don't appear on the order page as part of what is included with the purchase.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Can you folks add clarifications to the order pages? Such as whether printed manuals are included in physical shipments?
According to the Pre-Order 'Cart'...

This is a pre-order item! You pay now and will receive the product once it's released. You get:
- Limited edition printed Final Blitzkrieg manual
- Printed Combat Mission Game Engine manual
- DVD case and disk
- Ability to download, activated immediately upon release
- $10 savings compared to the standard post release "Download&Mail" option

Pre-orders fine print
If you pre-order now, your payment account is charged immediately and not when the game is released. Shipping & handling costs apply and international customers may be subjected to VAT or other duties at the time of delivery. Maine residents add sales tax. If you do not wish to assume responsibility for these charges then please DO NOT preorder now. Instead, be patient and wait until the game ships for the Download Only option to become available.

I read this to mean that only pre-orders ship with a manual.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To expand on the above. When you got to the order page of any game on the website, it shows what's included in the purchase. When the physical game manuals are no longer available, they don't appear on the order page as part of what is included with the purchase.
Aw come on. Every time I visit that bloody shop I have to keep wondering whether the physical package means a manual or not. And I need to see that in the product description as long as the product is sold. Not some blib on the homepage that disappears by the time I want to order.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aw come on. Every time I visit that bloody shop I have to keep wondering whether the physical package means a manual or not. And I need to see that in the product description as long as the product is sold. Not some blib on the homepage that disappears by the time I want to order.
One thing that I have found out from being on the Help Desk....people almost never read what is in front of them. It isn't hard to figure out or should leave you wondering. Nor has it changed (at least not in the last 3 years). You may (or may not) be surprised at how often people get indignant (as your "Aw come on" comments sounds) when they simply didn't read what was in front of them......and then blame me/us because they didn't.

A printed manual is currently available with this:

A printed manual is not available with this:

A limited number of manuals are printed when a game is made. Once they're gone, they're gone. Until they are, you will see that they printed manual comes with the game. Once they're gone, it no longer displays with printed manual.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
So, the CMBN manual is the only one sold out?

Edit:

CMFI
Please note: this item ships exclusively out of our US location and is not stocked in our EU warehouse. Any orders including this item will be fulfilled out of the US. The Tin Case Limited Edition is now sold out, and the packaging instead includes a regular Amaray DVD case. Printed manuals will only be available as long as supplies last.
So, they caveat the order page also. Why not just change the actual items included? Eh, the manual probably still has the same incorrect information.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just ordering the CMBN patch right now. I can select mail. It doesn't say one way or another whether there is a printed manual in there.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CMFI + Gustav bundle:

Doesn't say one way or another whether the mail option includes a printed manual or not.

At least it clarifies now what happens with 3.0.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Red Thunder doesn't clarify anything about 3.0 one way or another.

Yes, it informs you whether a printed manual is available. But not in the product page, only when you select your delivery method.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Red Thunder doesn't clarify anything about 3.0 one way or another.

Yes, it informs you whether a printed manual is available. But not in the product page, only when you select your delivery method.
What claification are you looking for reagrding CMRT and 3.0? CMRT was built using the 3.0 version of the engine.

I'm just ordering the CMBN patch right now. I can select mail. It doesn't say one way or another whether there is a printed manual in there.
HHmmmm.......Pacthes aren't ordered or available for mail......

If you mean the 3.0 Upgrade, it does say if it comes with a manual:

View attachment 52957

CMFI + Gustav bundle:

Doesn't say one way or another whether the mail option includes a printed manual or not.

At least it clarifies now what happens with 3.0.
I'm not sure what your looking at. I just looked at both the Mac and PC versions of the CMFI+GL bundles and they both show no printed manual.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "At least it clarifies now what happens with 3.0". What was unclear that has been changed to make it more clear?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
There does seem to be inconsistent wording/layout as far as the CMx2 offerings. But, all is not lost, since the new website will solve all. Oh wait, they flip-flopped on that and now the old website and store are the new thang all over again.

In my experience, this shows lack of Product Management. And when there is a lack of that, Quality Management and schedules and clarity suffer. And then...there is a constant need for Customer Service...and...Jeesh, Elvis is playing the Long Con AGAIN!!!!!