CMBO battle wanted

Lurker

Reaction score
My current opponents have a very slow turn around rate, so I have time for another game. I'm looking for a ME, prefer a huge battle - 5K or up but may go lower - and would like to import a pre-generated map that we would agree on.
Anyone out there still play BO?

Marine Raider

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all three, but CMBO is worse then CMAK and CMBB for a lot of reasons. The only big advantage that it has it that you can play Western Europe games.

Where is the dammed WE mod for CMAK!!!!!:argh:

But to answer your question.....a game of CMBO (yuck) with a map pre-generated by you (homefield advantage?)....blah!

Last edited:

Lurker

Reaction score
Marine Raider said:
But to answer your question.....a game of CMBO (yuck) with a map pre-generated by you (homefield advantage?)....blah!
If you read my post it said "...a pre-generated map that we would agree on." It didn't say who generates it (not that it matters), just that we'd get to inspect it first and agree on it.
But suit yourself.

There's a cmbo tourney going on now, so obviously I'm not the only one who likes BO. :p

banja

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm your man Lurker. Send your map file, I will have a look at it and reply to ya my feedback about it. :smoke:

Lurker

Reaction score
I just picked up a game vs Kilroy (funny but I can't find his name on the ladder?) but I can do one more. Send an e-mail to me and I'll send a map pack - unless you have one of your own you'd prefer.

banja

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Mail sent. I've no preference at all, CM is only a game to my eyes...
Any place, any side, any time : come get some ! :smoke:

Lurker

Reaction score
Banja, are you out there? :confused:

I sent the set up on 3/9, and a few follow up emails and I haven't heard anything. Let me know if you've changed your mind.

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Banja bails....I would be happy to assault you in CMAK :) . Please see my latest challenge.

Trying to get some attack experience against solid opponents.....

Nemesis Lead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Lurker,

I don't even own CMBO and have never played it!! I hear it is an "attacker's game" so I should pick it up!

I have completed 3 games (including 1 tourney) at BoB. So far I like it a lot. A few guys over there don't know what the hell they are talking about (the posts about the appropriate number of turns in an A/D) but....that is life.

What do you say? Care to defend against the Nemesis juggernaught?

Lurker

Reaction score
Nemesis Lead said:
I don't even own CMBO and have never played it!! I hear it is an "attacker's game" so I should pick it up!
?? No kidding! That's what I learned on; but then it was the only one. Still, the we-go style was novel and launched many a game site. I still think it has the best play balance, and the arty modeling was better (IMO) then it is now.

Hey, talk about shelling out $10. :p

...A few guys over there don't know what the hell they are talking about (the posts about the appropriate number of turns in an A/D) but....that is life.
Haha...I read those posts. Not to get into an argument but I tend to agree with the 38+ turn thing on a medium map. Much depends on the AI map generation which may favor either side.

I'll pass on the A/D at this time. I have my pet peeves with some aspects BB/AK...and besides I prefer huge MEs. :)

You could always pick up BO and do a huge ME. :whist:

Lurker

Reaction score
Of my 4 ladder opponents (2 here 2 elsewhere) 2 average 1 file every 5 to 6 days, one every 10 to 14 and the last is just starting and I haven't heard from him since 3/20.
Can you top those turn around times? :)

Twotribes

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Long as I am doing ok I can do one a day usually, but there will be times when I get depressed and missed a couple days. and depending on when you do the turn it may be a day and a half per turn.

Lurker

Reaction score
I'm looking for another large BO ME. I just lost LTHunt (RL issues) and I may lose Twotribes for the same reason. A third went MIA and I closed that one out.

So, does anyone out there still play the prehistoric cmbo? :cheeky: