CMBN v3.0 announced

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Unread Today, 11:37 AM
Administrator

My rough guess is roughly 2 months. That's one month to take care of unexpected CMRT issues and to prep the builds for both Normandy and Italy. Then a month of testing, tweaking, and retesting.

Steve

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know sounds like a company man thing to say but that is one of the great things about this engine. I've talked before about how it has evolved since CM but for the WW2 titles to not become obsolete as the titles grow is a HUGE plus in my book. How many of us wished that CMBO had some of the advancements made with CMBB? In my opinion the advancements have been a nice combination of revisiting features of CMx1 and adding things people wished for with CMx1. I really hope that 10 years from now they are still upgrading CMBN.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I know sounds like a company man thing to say but that is one of the great things about this engine. I've talked before about how it has evolved since CM but for the WW2 titles to not become obsolete as the titles grow is a HUGE plus in my book. How many of us wished that CMBO had some of the advancements made with CMBB? In my opinion the advancements have been a nice combination of revisiting features of CMx1 and adding things people wished for with CMx1. I really hope that 10 years from now they are still upgrading CMBN.
Hmmm. A ten year bet?

slm

Reaction score
The most surprising thing about 3.0 is that they also intend to upgrade CMSF.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
The most surprising thing about 3.0 is that they also intend to upgrade CMSF.

Not exactly. When we announced the Upgrade strategy we specifically stated that CMSF and CMA would not be a part of the program, but everything after would be. This had to do with major shifts in the engine between those two games and CMBN.

What we are talking about here is best described as a "re-release" of Shock Force. The amount of work that requires is far in excess of what a $10 Upgrade covers. But we are not forgetting that CMSF owners have already spent a significant amount of money for the whole series. Therefore, whatever path we take with the re-release of Shock Force existing customers will get treated favorably. What that means, exactly, I can't say because we haven't looked at the technical aspects of bringing CMSF's content into the current game engine and then what sales options there are for it (how to verify existing customers, do we offer more than one type of discount, etc.).

Steve