CMBN pre-order, tentative release date

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well IF the game turns out ok the manual is a nice plus I guess. Hopefully it will be available via pdf in the game folder also.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
[hirr]Leto;1370460 said:
I just cashed in a million dollars in stocks from a previous re-investment of profits from one of my businesses.

I think I may have a bit of dough left over after the cigars and prostitutes to pre-order as well.

Cheers!

Leto
LMAO!!! classic Leto posting :laugh:

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're right. It is supicious looking. Judging from the "production" of the 2 announcements it looks like someone at Matrix got word of an impending BFC announcement and rushed a forum post announcement out to scoop them by a day. These wargamer wars are cut throat indeed. Almost Leno/Letterman-esque.

As Eric the Midget (actor) would say: "Bye for now"
It'll be interesting to see which company comes closest to it's announcement date with an actual sale date. That may show which company has a 'real' announcement and not just smoke.

You care to bet on whether PCO or CM:BN is released first Elvis? I understand if you're a bit uneasy about taking that bet. I'm already ahead of you 1-0. We can go double or nothing.

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the little metal box (no, I was not swayed by the video!) and the notion that I can download on release AND get the hard goods. They seem to be doing things right. No gimmicks. No dumb mouse pads, Nazis on the box, toys, holographic trading cards or other "crap". They had a decent AAR, and I don't think we can claim a premature product release (time will tell, but after three years...)

Seems pretty positive so far.
Since you pre-ordered, I decided to wait and see what you think about the game before I fork over my cash. :)

Caractacus

Reaction score
Country
ll
History is being made today!
Oh you pompus pointless f***tards. Just when I thought that BFC had maxed-out the hubris quota of the entire human race for eternity, a hyperventilating Moon goes and ramps it up to eleven.

It is not history. It's a computer game.

That does it. It's a clincher. I sincerely hope that BFC disappear up their own a** for good this time.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Oh you pompus pointless f***tards. Just when I thought that BFC had maxed-out the hubris quota of the entire human race for eternity, a hyperventilating Moon goes and ramps it up to eleven.

It is not history. It's a computer game.

That does it. It's a clincher. I sincerely hope that BFC disappear up their own a** for good this time.
I left out my comments on the spelling error(s) in the announcement. :laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
so if BF had special edition WW2 Normandy type action men (with rings) you would buy them?
The appeal of this preorder was the fact that the Canadian dollar is trading so high. Not a huge deal in the end; I mean, I'm probably only saving 5 or 10 dollars even if the dollar really tanks by then. But I do like the looks of the box - it reminds me of the steel box that Band of Brothers comes in, though annoyingly, my shelves are set up for standard jewel cases, so hopefully this will fit in somewhere appropriate.

If you're asking me which trinket would I consider appropriate enough to buy CM:BN - as indicated, that's an individual call. For me, I can't think of anything off hand. I'm not really a "poster" guy, and especially if it is folded, it makes it hard to frame.

Come to think of, Lord of the Rings Online's special edition did include a silk map that looked ok, but it lacked the kind of detail that made me want to put it on a wall. A silk map - maybe in the style of a wartime "escape map" of Normandy might be an idea, particularly if it included the terrain from the included campaign.

But I'm happy with what is here. Seems like a good deal, though depending on the content, the price may be high. We'll see how the game plays before I decide on what it is "worth".

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FWIW the special box thing is free, it's a gift for doing a preorder so to speak.

In case it isn't obvious, I put in a CMSF order the minute I could reset my password on BFC (again) and while I was at it CMSF:Nato because I want to shoot the ZSU-23. Not that I have an idea whether my CMSF install file (disk?) is still around.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
Since you pre-ordered, I decided to wait and see what you think about the game before I fork over my cash. :)
Nice one Scott, I'm with you there! No pressure MD, just get that detailed review posted here by May :smoke:
On a more serious note though, I think MD is in the right place to give an honest and detailed review of the game so it depends a lot on what MD writes whether I buy the game or not. As I said Mr Dorosh, no pressure! :bite:

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
FWIW the special box thing is free, it's a gift for doing a preorder so to speak.

In case it isn't obvious, I put in a CMSF order the minute I could reset my password on BFC (again) and while I was at it CMSF:Nato because I want to shoot the ZSU-23. Not that I have an idea whether my CMSF install file (disk?) is still around.
WOW! I do hope you wrote that with tongue firmly in cheek :eek:
Maybe the announcement of CM Normandy for April has had an effect on you? :nuts:

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
Oh and by the way, I have steered clear of the Battlefront Normandy message board since that announcement and will give it another week before visiting so I don't come across messages from fan boyz foaming at the mouth.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I think MD is in the right place to give an honest and detailed review of the game so it depends a lot on what MD writes whether I buy the game or not.
There will be no shortage of good reviews after release for you and Scott - hopefully from this very forum. I will hope to have something significant to say on the subject myself. I appreciate the kind words from both of you.

I'll be interested myself in knowing if Tom Chick enters the fray this time around.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
LOL, no matter what they do or have done, BF wins every time with a lot of the guys both here and elsewhere. Some of you havent even seen the game but rush to give them your money after what? 3-4 years of criticism of CMx2.

Whats changed? A little box to put a disk in!

Im convinced that if you dont like CMSF you wont like CMN as the games are near the same and the effects modelling looks almost the same too.

Me, I was always going to buy it as on the whole I like CMSF. I really cant see it being that different from what Ive seen of the games involving Elvis at BF.

Maybe BF should have offered a nice box with CMA? Each to their own I suppose......

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
LOL, no matter what they do or have done, BF wins every time with a lot of the guys both here and elsewhere. Some of you havent even seen the game but rush to give them your money after what? 3-4 years of criticism of CMx2.

Im convinced that if you dont like CMSF you wont like CMN as the games are near the same and the effects modelling looks almost the same too.

Me, I was always going to buy it as on the whole I like CMSF. I really cant see it being that different from what Ive seen of the games involving Elvis at BF.

Maybe BF should have offered a nice box with CMA? Each to their own I suppose......
I'm a supporter of the genre. PzC: Ostfront is coming out for free. Steel Panthers and Close Combat have not changed or been updated substantially in years; their "updates" were actually rehashes. There have been a couple of other titles in the squad-based, company level tactical combat arena that seem to be board-game ports. I'm unaware of any other PC games set in the Second World War that cover this ground.

So...I don't see any harm in spending a bit of money, if it gives me some advance viewing.

I have no idea what to expect from the game. I do know that, as I did with CMX2, I will go into it with an open mind. I think I can do that better by trying the full version for myself rather than being coloured by other reviews.

I admit I haven't even read through the full AAR as I'd rather make up my own mind.

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised as well.

For myself the game will have to come close to being as good and fun as CMx1 was for me to even coming close consider to give those clowns any of my money. And I wouldn't pre-order CM:BN even if I would get it for S&H alone. Otherwise I will probably go with PCO and/or a copy or two of Red Pill (Modern Naval, working title), depending on when the latter looks to be released.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Yeah but you see if the game sucks you still have the cool box.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always said I will buy the first CMx2 WW2 title as long as the absolute minimum of features is in. Which at some point during the waiting I defined as having player-placeable fortifications that are subject to fog-of-war and regular spotting rules. They did that, I buy.

Unlike SES I don't want BFC to die. We've seen so many 180 degreers from Steve, for all we know if CMx2 tanks in WW2, too, they reset and give us what they want. Or Steve leaves and gets replaced by somebody more in touch with the audience and Charles changing game scale and "by coincidence" the new scale has abstracted squads, multiplayer per side and humongous maps fed by XML data. Or maybe CM:BN is good.

I'm perfectly willing to throw some money at them every now and then. I was not kidding when I said I ordered NATO although I have no idea whether I still have the CMSF install file. It's not that I have time to play games in the first place.

Sgt_Kelly

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I might have pre-ordered, but not at $65.

Last time I checked the going rate for a full game on release was $49.95 and I have no interest in boxes. I will more than likely want to try it but BFC are once again not endearing themselves to me by charging 5$ over the going rate for a game that has purposely limited content.