CMBN pre-order, tentative release date

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

History is being made today! Battlefront.com is thrilled to announce that pre-orders are now open for our new flagship wargame Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. What started 11 years ago with the release of multiple Wargame of the Year "Combat Mission Beyond Overlord" (still on PC Gamer's list of Best Games of All Time) is now coming full circle, and finally returning to the beaches and bocage fields of Normandy, France, 1944.

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (CM:BN) faithfully recreates the experience of tactical land warfare in Western France during World War Two. Using the unique Turn-Based (WeGo)/Real-Time hybrid game system of our proprietary CMx2 battle engine, the first installment in this new series covers the three months after the Allied D-Day landings in Normandy in June 1944, from Operation Overlord in June through the Cobra Breakout in August.

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is now available for pre-order in a special SteelBook(TM) Limited Collector Edition! The metal SteelBook(TM) is a high-quality retail-style package, fitting up to 4 discs inside (the game disc as well as up to three future modules) as well as the full printed 200(!) page manual. If you want to find out more about this exclusive box, check out the Interactive Online Viewer (*Windows only, Internet Explorer required) courtesy of Scanavo, or the SteelBox(TM) YouTube video.

This SteelBook(TM) edition is limited, and only available as long as supplies last. Orders will be fulfilled in the order they are placed.

If you pre-order now for only $60 plus S&H, you secure your SteelBook(TM) Limited Collector Edition copy today!

But wait, there is more:
- you will be able to also download the game immediately on release day. So you get both the digital download right away AND the collector's box by mail.
- unbelievably, you even save $5 on this pre-order deal in comparison to purchasing a Download&Mail Delivery for $65 + S&H after release.

Click here to secure your copy of the SteelBook(TM) Limited Collector Edition

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release around the end of April, 2011. Once released, it will be available as a digital download ($55), via mail ($55 + S&H) and both download & mail package ($65 + S&H).

Mac users! The game will be available for both the PC platform as well as Mac OS X. Today, we are launching pre-orders for the PC version only! If you are interested in purchasing the Mac OS X version, please wait until we open pre-orders separately for it in the next weeks. The Mac OS X version is currently scheduled to be released not too long after the PC version.

And in order to shorten the wait for R(elease)-Day, here's something to oogle at: in the CM:BN media section, you'll find 5 sets of desktop wallpapers and a new in-game gallery with 8 brand new screenshots! Enjoy!

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's really funny considering the Matrix announcement for PCO on 3-9:

Hi everyone,

We are done adding features. We are in final testing, finishing up the manual, still adding grass to a few maps and testing for balance and any other bugs that may have slipped by us before now. As soon as we're satisfied that everything is squared away, we will release. We were certainly aiming for Q4 and then Q1, but I think the additional features were worth the additional delay. We will not rush it out at this point, we'll make sure it's fully tested and ready, so Q1 probably will not happen but I would not be surprised if we make an April release.

Regards,

- Erik

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2745290

Go figure.

Good Hunting.

MR

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's really funny considering the Matrix announcement for PCO on 3-9:

Hi everyone,

We are done adding features. We are in final testing, finishing up the manual, still adding grass to a few maps and testing for balance and any other bugs that may have slipped by us before now. As soon as we're satisfied that everything is squared away, we will release. We were certainly aiming for Q4 and then Q1, but I think the additional features were worth the additional delay. We will not rush it out at this point, we'll make sure it's fully tested and ready, so Q1 probably will not happen but I would not be surprised if we make an April release.

Regards,

- Erik

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2745290

Go figure.

Good Hunting.

MR
You're right. It is supicious looking. Judging from the "production" of the 2 announcements it looks like someone at Matrix got word of an impending BFC announcement and rushed a forum post announcement out to scoop them by a day. These wargamer wars are cut throat indeed. Almost Leno/Letterman-esque.

As Eric the Midget (actor) would say: "Bye for now"

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
They posted a YouTube video of the box the game comes in.

I'm absolutely agog.

[video=youtube;2AfsceMwlTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AfsceMwlTU[/video]

Correction: not the box. It's not an actual box. It is a 3D rendering of the box.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really hope it is actual steel, not some zinc derivative or somefink.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I really hope it is actual steel, not some zinc derivative or somefink.
Game boxes are trophies for the unathletically inclined. I still have all my ASL boxes - was flabbergasted to hear that some 'losers' actually throw them in the garbage. :eek:

Which is why I don't like that the plan is for module discs to fit inside this steel box. Meaning either they haven't thought this through very well, or else the modules will simply not have boxes of their own. *pout*

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know what you mean. I still have my Quake3Arena Linux version metal box :)

Not that the quality was any good.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I know what you mean. I still have my Quake3Arena Linux version metal box :)

Not that the quality was any good.
My boxed Intellivision modules are without a word of a lie on a shelf in my living room. Who wants to top that? :bite:

Patrocles

Reaction score
http://battlefront.com/community/announcement.php?f=124&a=388

Pretty hard box preorder.

Release for end of April, tentatively.
2012? (joke)

Awesome news!!!
thanks for the info.
:)

oh...they are really hyping the continued use of the WEGO system! that rawks! suck it, realtime!

:p

bah, I never buy the "limited edition collector" crap! just give me the code and a decent manual and I am happy with any game. imho, ymmv of course.
:)

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
With the Canadian dollar worth more than the US dollar right now - I've gone ahead and pre-ordered. Paypal's conversion rate is 1.0007 Canadian dollars for every US dollar. And I'm a little flush with book royalties after my publisher offered a 15% discount - out of their pocket, not mine - on my ASL scenario designer's guide. So with my Paypal account overflowing, and my purchasing power at a peak (CDN dollar should drop back soon), I took the plunge now rather than wait.

I like the little metal box (no, I was not swayed by the video!) and the notion that I can download on release AND get the hard goods. They seem to be doing things right. No gimmicks. No dumb mouse pads, Nazis on the box, toys, holographic trading cards or other "crap". They had a decent AAR, and I don't think we can claim a premature product release (time will tell, but after three years...)

Seems pretty positive so far.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Although having said that, I was almost enticed into buying one of the Brothers in Arms sequels because of the action figures in the box...but ultimately decided against it. And while I am not against mouse pads in principle, if attractive and/or functional, the CM:SF one was obviously poorly thought out for its intended purpose.

I will also confess to having bought the LOTRo special edition even though I already owned the Shadows of Angmar game, only because I wanted to get my hands on the replica of the One Ring which was included in the box.

Not against special editions on principle, but only when they are well thought out and offer something truly unique.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just cashed in a million dollars in stocks from a previous re-investment of profits from one of my businesses.

I think I may have a bit of dough left over after the cigars and prostitutes to pre-order as well.

Cheers!

Leto

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hear the cast of Two and a Half Men could use some extra cash Leto. No need to include Charlie Sheen though, cause he's still winning.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I hear the cast of Two and a Half Men could use some extra cash Leto. No need to include Charlie Sheen though, cause he's still winning.
Apparently, so is Leto.

Hokkaido, however, is not.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
With the Canadian dollar worth more than the US dollar right now - I've gone ahead and pre-ordered. Paypal's conversion rate is 1.0007 Canadian dollars for every US dollar. And I'm a little flush with book royalties after my publisher offered a 15% discount - out of their pocket, not mine - on my ASL scenario designer's guide. So with my Paypal account overflowing, and my purchasing power at a peak (CDN dollar should drop back soon), I took the plunge now rather than wait.

I like the little metal box (no, I was not swayed by the video!) and the notion that I can download on release AND get the hard goods. They seem to be doing things right. No gimmicks. No dumb mouse pads, Nazis on the box, toys, holographic trading cards or other "crap". They had a decent AAR, and I don't think we can claim a premature product release (time will tell, but after three years...)

Seems pretty positive so far.
Do I detect a Mr Dorosh turn around? What if the game stinks, that means you've given BF money for another ropey product.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Although having said that, I was almost enticed into buying one of the Brothers in Arms sequels because of the action figures in the box...but ultimately decided against it. And while I am not against mouse pads in principle, if attractive and/or functional, the CM:SF one was obviously poorly thought out for its intended purpose.

I will also confess to having bought the LOTRo special edition even though I already owned the Shadows of Angmar game, only because I wanted to get my hands on the replica of the One Ring which was included in the box.

Not against special editions on principle, but only when they are well thought out and offer something truly unique.
That reminds me of when me and my son were standing in a Game store one day and someone dressed in Black was ranting on about some Lord of the Rings special edition boxes. When we got to the till the assistant just smiled knowingly at us, I guess it just proves there's one born every minute.

All those special editions do is give a company some money for a few worthless baubles.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
All those special editions do is give a company some money for a few worthless baubles.
"Worth" is determined by the purchaser not the seller. If people did not think the baubles had value, they would not purchase them. In the example cited above, that little ring was the only reason I bought the special edition. Doesn't even fit - and if it did, I certainly wouldn't wear the silly thing. I just like the idea of owning it.

It's good to have money. :)