CMBN Market Garden preorders open

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Is the general interest in CM low these days or is it just a lull period for folks?

-dale
It's just a general disinterested period in what dale has to drone on about.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
So...

It's just you two? Still?

So sad.

-dale
Cheer up dale. Didn't your bestest Canadian buddy also post? Or have you excluded him from your inner-circle?

The really sad thing is being in a basement with aging numbtards rolling dice and quoting science fiction books.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure, I'm easy. Did you want to play somefink you have or wait for the October 14th release date of MG (it seems like most of the time when they announce 4-6 weeks it goes over by about 2 days)?
Missed it by 3 days

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Next to logo with the big 2.0 in it there is a list that looks like what is included in the physical version. "DVD ROM" "Mail Delivery Only" "Jewel Case" "Printed Manual" and "ships from us only"

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, who is in charge of web design there. They put the text into an image so that you can't find it in search. WTF?

On the official forum somebody just said there is *no* printed manual. This is very infuriating, and I mean more than BFC's order page is at best of times.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, who is in charge of web design there. They put the text into an image so that you can't find it in search. WTF?

On the official forum somebody just said there is *no* printed manual. This is very infuriating, and I mean more than BFC's order page is at best of times.
Don't know. Just relaying what I saw on the order page. Sorry if it wasn't any help.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just poked my head in the forum and saw your post. Looks like Kettle was the only one to respond. He has as much inside information as I do. :) If you're not sure from the order screen then itswbest to wait for an official response to your question. I can dig where you're coming from. If it cost the same for download only and the download/hardcopy option I know I would spend the extra money for shipping to get a proper manual.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Does a module, or one of these chicken-tooth "packs", really need a manual? I think that if a person is buying a module, then they have seen the puppet show already. A down-loadable 'update' is fine by me. Even better, it can be a living document that is constantly refreshed with new information as it becomes available. But, of course, that means that someone would actually do that. I bet I could find incorrect information in regards to a few aspects of the game and what is the 'latest' manual.

I really hate manuals for games. I have a bunch from all the crappy games I bought. I should burn them or something. Why would anyone want them?

slm

Reaction score
Does a module, or one of these chicken-tooth "packs", really need a manual? I think that if a person is buying a module, then they have seen the puppet show already. A down-loadable 'update' is fine by me.
Why would anyone want them?
I have no need for a paper manual, but a PDF is nice to have.
Now when I can browse the MG manual I think it's good to have a list of what exactly the module contains.
There's info about new units and some good to know tips like restrictions on how mobile and static AA guns can be used in the game.

I have very little experience of this module so far, but the first thing I noticed was that more effort has been put to scenario maps than before.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I have no need for a paper manual, but a PDF is nice to have.
Now when I can browse the MG manual I think it's good to have a list of what exactly the module contains.
There's info about new units and some good to know tips like restrictions on how mobile and static AA guns can be used in the game.

I have very little experience of this module so far, but the first thing I noticed was that more effort has been put to scenario maps than before.
I assume there is a certain amount of assumption as far as what people (previous customers) know, A certain amount of assumption regarding the ability of the average wargamer's intelligence to floss over wrong information, and the hope that smarty-pants will figure things out and share.

Personally, I am wondering if there are people playing this game with Windows 8 64 bit. I am not just throwing that out. I put a good effort into getting it on my biz notebook.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
OK. Let me be clear.

It doesn't work.

I tried. And I won't try that hard after this.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
So it doesn't work in Windows8.0?
What about 8.1? That was released this week.

Myself I'm playing it in 64bit Windows7 where the game works well.
I have WIN8 64 bit no upgrade to 8.1. It seems that 8.1 users are having problems also. I started a ticket and requested GS clean so I can get all the BF certificates etc. off the notebook so I can try to get a CMBN+patch+Upgrade+patch running under the Upgrade key. Moon thinks GS clean wouldn't help. I mean, is it going to hurt?

I have a Win7 64 bit older notebook that the has assigned to the kitchen. I also have enough parts to get a Win7 32 bit PC going but I would really like to have the game on something I could move around.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Update...

I actually got it running CMBN+1.11+Upgrade+patch on the notebook. The issue is supposedly the Intel HD 4000 video. I had to reduce it to 16 bit color and also disable display scaling and also run in 640x480 (all done through compatabilty tab under Properties for game icon).

But it had issues like calling certain things MOUT and other oddities. Once I installed MG on top of that, it was back to crashdumps.