CMBN is released

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do you know?
Steve said so. Over and over and over again.

In all seriousness, I may think BFC has devolved into a sad little back room operation (if indeed they were ever more than that), but I will do them the courtesy of assuming that their major product line gets major effort.

-dale

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve said so. Over and over and over again.

In all seriousness, I may think BFC has devolved into a sad little back room operation (if indeed they were ever more than that), but I will do them the courtesy of assuming that their major product line gets major effort.

-dale
It's a good thing there are so many people that don't agree with your point of view about the game and the value of the effort put into it. Even here we're seeing who that initially didn't think too much of the game starting to say how it's growing on them. Don't fret though. There will always be someone around that you will be able to PBEM CMx1 with. In another year or so that number may be much smaller but they will be out there.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
It's a good thing there are so many people that don't agree with your point of view about the game and the value of the effort put into it. Even here we're seeing who that initially didn't think too much of the game starting to say how it's growing on them. Don't fret though. There will always be someone around that you will be able to PBEM CMx1 with. In another year or so that number may be much smaller but they will be out there.
Actually, I sent a CMX1 PBEM set up a couple of weeks ago or so and never got a return from dalem...

Should I resend???

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And what, in your opinion, is my point of view about CMN?

-dale

carl_render

Reaction score
Country
ll
It seems to me they could have tried harder to get the product fully polished. How much effort does it take to ensure briefings are correct? Did they even bother to proof-read?

There are other things too, which were corrected in CMSF but have re-appeared in CMBN. Last night I had Germans in a builing firing through a solid roof at my attackers, followed by my assaulting attackers missing the door and running in through the window instead (maybe this is an 'enter through window' feature?).
Tanks firing at bumps in the ground seems to be back (from CMBB if I remember correctly) as well as many other graphical and game issues.

Whilst there are no game-breakers, given the amount of time spent on the product, I would have expected to see fewer glaringly obvious bugs, and more polish.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, that ain't happening, trust me.

As far as my POV that it feels as if they didn't try very hard, how do you know how many people may or may not agree with me?

-dale
The robustness of the BFC forum, if nothing else. The first page posts are measured in hours rather than days (as I type this the bottom of page 1 thread is 3 hours 12 minutes since last post). EEven the people pointing out issues are almost all adding how much they are digging the game. That is coming from old timers aand fresh blood. Seems like a decent indication that there are a lot of people who are happy with the effort and don't think it is sad.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The robustness of the BFC forum, if nothing else. The first page posts are measured in hours rather than days (as I type this the bottom of page 1 thread is 3 hours 12 minutes since last post). EEven the people pointing out issues are almost all adding how much they are digging the game. That is coming from old timers aand fresh blood. Seems like a decent indication that there are a lot of people who are happy with the effort and don't think it is sad.
But.... I thought we weren't allowed to use such non-specific indicators to inform our opinions.

-dale