CM x 2 World War II

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While a few anxiously await the release of the Marines module for CMSF, most of us around here are more interested in the pig in the python: CM x 2 World War II.

What changes, if any, would it take to CM x 2, as seen in the currently patched version of that engine as seen in CMSF, for you to be excited about a Battlefront CM x 2 World War II title?

What features/aspects from the CM x 1 engine do you think are vital or need of significant improvement to be part of CM x 2 World War II?

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
One thing for sure that will certainly have to diminish is the lethality factor. This may also alleviate the scale factor in live play a bit. The scale in SF is just too big for me to have a good experience without forever hitting the pause button. The scope will obviously be limited and so to have a total ww2 experience may take years. Im sure the first game will be US versus German in Normandy, but the forces will be limited to what, I dont know.

Im optimistic that the engine will perform better in a ww2 setting rather than modern, but wont be pre-ordering this one.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mainly because of the reduced instant effectiveness of ww2 weapons, surely we wont have Schreks that will score a kill every time and Tanks that hit a moving target every time at 2 miles? I think this alone may make a better experience as you can expose your forces a bit more, have time to dodge armour behind cover etc..... Well thats what Im hoping anyway.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Mainly because of the reduced instant effectiveness of ww2 weapons, surely we wont have Schreks that will score a kill every time and Tanks that hit a moving target every time at 2 miles? I think this alone may make a better experience as you can expose your forces a bit more, have time to dodge armour behind cover etc..... Well thats what Im hoping anyway.
No, why do you think the new engine won't totally suck as bad at Second World War combat as it does for modern war? The scale mismatch will still be present, won't it? The whole 1:1 modelling which isn't, the 8m x 8m Action Spot grid which no one, including Steve, seems to have a clue how it really works, etc. As dalem said on another board, sure, we'll get to watch troops mill about in the beaten zone in WIDESCREEN but, em, so what?

Kineas

Colonel General
Reaction score
Country
llHungary
What changes, if any, would it take to CM x 2, as seen in the currently patched version of that engine as seen in CMSF, for you to be excited about a Battlefront CM x 2 World War II title?
The paradigm shift from a realtime game to a turn based game.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No, why do you think the new engine won't totally suck as bad at Second World War combat as it does for modern war? The scale mismatch will still be present, won't it? The whole 1:1 modelling which isn't, the 8m x 8m Action Spot grid which no one, including Steve, seems to have a clue how it really works, etc. As dalem said on another board, sure, we'll get to watch troops mill about in the beaten zone in WIDESCREEN but, em, so what?
Well, I did say optimistic, which is a big step down from confident. Stoping getting my hopes down with your reasoned posts and statement of known facts!