CM Normandy screenshot released

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They haven't even thought about how to depict bocage yet?
No, why would they? REALLY!

CMN will obviously begin after the Allies are past that "D-Day" thing and thru those "silly" green walls where you just slog from one boring enclosed field to another. Normandy will begin where "real" Western Front RT'er gaming gets going- the Avranches Breakout & Falaise Gap.

Just remod the same vehicles/men to WW2 pixels and use the same plain terrain of CM:SF, they'll re-color the brown stuff to green stuff.
TADA = CM:NORMANDY!

Foxholes/bocage/water- why bother? That trivial stuff's for LATER modulars.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if Steve locked so he can confer with Charles over it. It may be one of those things Steve easily dismissed but Charles would so its not difficult to do.
As I said before, the whole thing will turn into one of those situations where something that Steve violently argues against (not directly, on the base of "not worth it") and then suddenly it pops up in some new game or even just an update.

I think that pattern is pretty established by now.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
As I said before, the whole thing will turn into one of those situations where something that Steve violently argues against (not directly, on the base of "not worth it") and then suddenly it pops up in some new game or even just an update.

I think that pattern is pretty established by now.
Yes. After enough time has reasonably passed, or enough discussion has turned the wheels, so that the concept can sufficiently be passed off as Steve's original brainwaves and the masses may fall at his feet fawning at his brilliance. A bone will be thrown to Charles in the process. A crumb will fall off the bone and be swept in Dan's direction if someone happens to notice it involved some particularly good looking artwork. :)

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No, why would they? REALLY!

CMN will obviously begin after the Allies are past that "D-Day" thing and thru those "silly" green walls where you just slog from one boring enclosed field to another. Normandy will begin where "real" Western Front RT'er gaming gets going- the Avranches Breakout & Falaise Gap.

Just remod the same vehicles/men to WW2 pixels and use the same plain terrain of CM:SF, they'll re-color the brown stuff to green stuff.
TADA = CM:NORMANDY!

Foxholes/bocage/water- why bother? That trivial stuff's for LATER modulars.
At first i read this as sarcasm, but you know, with the Tiger screenshot and all, you may have something there. It would be the easy option.