der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
From Moon:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1199819&postcount=12

We have actually begun preparations for the website and official announcements last week.
Steve adds:

We will create a new Forum for discussing Normandy as soon as the website is up. This Forum will then become a dedicated modern warfare Forum.
So when they say the game will "definitely" come out in 2009 and we still haven't heard a peep by July 2010, what this non-announcement about "planning" for the official forum and website is supposed to mean having begun a week ago is supposed to mean is anyone's guess.

Jeph

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I'd guess it means <6 months till release in keeping with their "definitely not 2011" release date, the only one that has so far proved correct.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We haven't seen the website yet. Or the forum. How long has the CMA forum been up? No game there yet either.

I think all this means is that CMN isn't coming out in 2010.

Sometime in 2011 then.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So...

The answer to "bone! bone! bone!" for the last little bit (months?) has been nothing but crickets, and now suddenly, instead of starting their own teaser thread and directing the conversation, Moon then Steve drop zero-energy one-liners in the latest "bone! bone! bone!" thread that say, basically "yeah, we're on that."

I can't say whether I know that's bad or good or neutral, but it seems... odd, to me.

-dale

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Little hints keep me thinking that they have more than they can reasonably cope with. Moon apparently only has one brain and pair of hands, so has been too busy to start a website, new forum.

I predict that, when they eventually get round to a new name, forum, whatever, the CMSF forum traffic will drop to almost nothing.

CMSF NATO needs to be out sooner rather than later and the track record is now, one new game every 3 years, even if they got CMN out this year, or every 4 years when 2011 arrives.

Howver, we may all be saying this time next year that the game was worth the wait.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
So will the 'Peng-Thing' stay modern or migrate to the new 'Normandy' forum? Perspiring minds want to know....

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Little hints keep me thinking that they have more than they can reasonably cope with. Moon apparently only has one brain and pair of hands, so has been too busy to start a website, new forum.
The vBulletin software has been specifically designed so that even the biggest moron can create a new subforum in less than 7 seconds.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm utterly amazed as to how the smallest of chirps that come out of BFC can have such heavily extrapolated and dramatic overtones attached.

"we are planning a new website and forum for CMN"

- BFC SUCKS ELEPHANT BALLS AND CONSORTS WITH UNDEAD NEO CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS
- THE EVENTUAL RELEASE OF CMN WILL COINCIDE WITH THE SHIFTING OF THE EARTH'S MAGNETIC POLAR FIELDS THAT WILL MAKE NORTH SOUTH AND SOUTH NORTH AND SIGNAL THE END OF LIFE ON EARTH AS WE KNOW IT
- PICKLES WILL ESCAPE FROM THEIR CANNED BONDAGE AND RETALIATE BY BRINING OUR SEAS USING THE EMBLEM OF BFC AS THEIR INSIDIOUS STANDARD (KNOWING THAT BFC ENCOMPASSES THE GREATEST EVHUL KNOWN TO THE WORLD AND WISHING TO CAPITALIZE ON ITS SHOCK FORCE EFFECTS)
- THE ANNOUNCEMENT SHOWS THAT CMN IS BEHIND SCHEDULE SHOWCASES THEIR INCOMPETENCE AND RAISES CONCERNS AS TO WHETHER OR NOT 'ANY' GERMAN FORCES WILL ACTUALLY BE IN THE FIRST MODULE RELEASE OF THEIR WORLD WAR 2 SERIES.
- BUTTERSCOTCH ICE CREAM NOW TASTES LIKE LIME SHERBERT
- MOON IS ACTUALLY AN OCTOPUS FROM THE PLANET GOOBER IX (WELL, HE HAD TO DEFEND HIS HUMANITY, CORRECT? HE MUST BE AN ALIEN INVADER WITH THE DESTRUCTION OF ALL PISSY GROGS IN MIND)
- ETC ETC ETC

Cheers!

Leto

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
[hirr]Leto;1294600 said:
I'm utterly amazed as to how the smallest of chirps that come out of BFC can have such heavily extrapolated and dramatic overtones attached.

"we are planning a new website and forum for CMN"

- BFC SUCKS ELEPHANT BALLS AND CONSORTS WITH UNDEAD NEO CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS
- THE EVENTUAL RELEASE OF CMN WILL COINCIDE WITH THE SHIFTING OF THE EARTH'S MAGNETIC POLAR FIELDS THAT WILL MAKE NORTH SOUTH AND SOUTH NORTH AND SIGNAL THE END OF LIFE ON EARTH AS WE KNOW IT
- PICKLES WILL ESCAPE FROM THEIR CANNED BONDAGE AND RETALIATE BY BRINING OUR SEAS USING THE EMBLEM OF BFC AS THEIR INSIDIOUS STANDARD (KNOWING THAT BFC ENCOMPASSES THE GREATEST EVHUL KNOWN TO THE WORLD AND WISHING TO CAPITALIZE ON ITS SHOCK FORCE EFFECTS)
- THE ANNOUNCEMENT SHOWS THAT CMN IS BEHIND SCHEDULE SHOWCASES THEIR INCOMPETENCE AND RAISES CONCERNS AS TO WHETHER OR NOT 'ANY' GERMAN FORCES WILL ACTUALLY BE IN THE FIRST MODULE RELEASE OF THEIR WORLD WAR 2 SERIES.
- BUTTERSCOTCH ICE CREAM NOW TASTES LIKE LIME SHERBERT
- MOON IS ACTUALLY AN OCTOPUS FROM THE PLANET GOOBER IX (WELL, HE HAD TO DEFEND HIS HUMANITY, CORRECT? HE MUST BE AN ALIEN INVADER WITH THE DESTRUCTION OF ALL PISSY GROGS IN MIND)
- ETC ETC ETC

Cheers!

Leto
I'm amazed at your comments too.

But then again, I know I really shouldn't be.

In time we will have a new ww2 game.......... Just feels like a long time to go yet.... Certainly not 2009, I don't think they will make that date.

Last edited:

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm amazed at your comments too.

But then again, I know I really shouldn't be.

In time we will have a new ww2 game.......... Just feels like a long time to go yet.... Certainly not 2009, I don't think they will make that date.
Nope, you shouldn't be in the least....

; )

But deep in the haranguing twaddle of my deranged words there lies a sad but wholly self evident truth.

Yep, the game will be out sometimes soon, and we can get on to more meaningful analysis in time (I hope).

Cheers!

Leto

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
[hirr]Leto;1294600 said:
MOON IS ACTUALLY AN OCTOPUS
His real name is Paul and he lives in Germany. He also has an uncanny ability to predict football scores :)
Paul knows when CMN will be released but is refusing to tell anyone (unless you have a mussel?)

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got an even better one:

How do we know that CMN isn't already out yet? And a good game?

The BFC forums, Elvis' bet with me, all of it, a huge smokescreen to keep the dozen or so of us who mostly post here at GS IN THE DARK!

-dale

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It just means that when the "new" game eventually comes out it will be old news and already using outdated technology.

What should really scare BFC to death is: with all their delays if a BIG gaming company decided today to do a WW2 CM-clone they'd start and stil have it out the door before BFC could get CMN out and BFC would become just an old dust gathering one hit wonder.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It just means that when the "new" game eventually comes out it will be old news and already using outdated technology.

What should really scare BFC to death is: with all their delays if a BIG gaming company decided today to do a WW2 CM-clone they'd start and stil have it out the door before BFC could get CMN out and BFC would become just an old dust gathering one hit wonder.
That would never happen as niche markets like wargaming don't make (BIG) money. Thus niche markets can be served by dawdlers who don't give a rats ass about competition. I know MR will spout something about PC, but for me, unless PC does exactly what CMx1 did and improves upon it, it will still be a distant tenth to CM. It's just a terrible cultural bias I possess.

Love em or hate em, BFC holds those of us who are CM freaks hostage, no matter what the end outcome is for CMN.

Cheers!

Leto

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
His real name is Paul and he lives in Germany. He also has an uncanny ability to predict football scores :)
Paul knows when CMN will be released but is refusing to tell anyone (unless you have a mussel?)
That's actually pretty frackin funny. I've been wondering if the Germans were going to eat that damn cephalopod with saurkraut.

Apparently he's now signing a book deal and will be producing the movie of his tentacled predicting exploits around a soccer themed love story featuring Jack Black and John Cusack as 'adoring' fans of the German team.

The tentative title is "Eight Tentacles on my Soccer Balls: A Love Story".

Cheers!

Leto

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. Although I'm obviously fascinated by the story of BFC these days, I have no interest in their potential product. If my direst, most extreme prediction came true with a vengeance and they folded their tent tomorrow, I'd grab a few BO/BB/AK disks from them or Ebay for backups and be okay.

-dale

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Interesting. Although I'm obviously fascinated by the story of BFC these days, I have no interest in their potential product. If my direst, most extreme prediction came true with a vengeance and they folded their tent tomorrow, I'd grab a few BO/BB/AK disks from them or Ebay for backups and be okay.

-dale
OYE RIGHT MISSUS DALEM! CAN YOU PLEASE PASS THE CRUMPETS! DID YOU 'ERE ABOUT THAT MR. MOON? AYE, I 'ERD FROM CONSTANCE THAT HE 'AS THREE TESTACLES HE DOES!

; )

Cheers!

Leto