CM 4.0 MIGHT be announced...

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
H.R. Shrullenstuf sort of, maybe, made an announcement...OK, everyone can go back to sleep...

Posted Today, 10:33 AM
CMRT is already using the 'version 3.0 engine'. I believe the next full game after the 'Bulge' series MIGHT be based on the 'version 4.0 engine'. When that is released, I assume most games (but possibly not ALL of them) may get an 'engine upgrade' that will have a fee associated with the upgrade. It may take awhile to upgrade all of the titles they intend to offer the 4.0 engine for.

I would guess that a 'version 4.0 engine' game is around a year and a half away and possibly around 2 years for updates to the older/previously-released titles. So as Blazing 88's said, you may want to purchase CMRT now rather than wait.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first thing I need from them is the unified Mac/PC license. I won't bother with the different purchases anymore and PCs suck.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I have no idea why he would say...
(but possibly not ALL of them)
If anything, he makes me want to wait and see which ones WILL be supported. Eh, what's he know anyway? Moon is the guy I want to hear from!

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least it isn't marketdroidspeech. I'm fine with it.

If they stop dropping older games that would be the Normandy game. That would seem unwise since that is a prime theater for any WW2 game for a large portion of potential buyers.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam

If they stop dropping older games that would be the Normandy game. That would seem unwise since that is a prime theater for any WW2 game for a large portion of potential buyers.
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119856-timescale-for-eastern-front-cmx3-or-cmx4/

I also thought about the "throwing 1.0 and 2.0 customers under the bus". Now, it seems even the CMBN 3.0 crowd might be shelved? Really, I see no reason why they could not do 4.0 for CMFI and not CMBN? And really, 4.0 is anyone's guess at this point. A bunch of 'cool maybes' in one or two people's heads. And hardware and software marches on with time as these two developer heads try to wring out the most from some old car.

At this point, I could not care about CMFI. Even if deeply discounted. I have no interest in Black Sea either, beyond the demo. I suppose that Bulge, depending on what 'features' it will bring (and it's looking mighty slim), I will probably paypal Moon for it (He gets all that moolah, huh?), and I will be interested in the eastern front families/modules.

Actually, all this stuff was predicted. They are just creating a backlog of demos that are not up to the actual product level, Upgrades that have finally presented a limit on resources as the 'families' all require specific work, and a work force that is possibly shrinking.

(MOOOOOON RIV-EEERRRRR!)

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam

Given the latest news, regarding a "Battle Pack", and Normandy Family supposedly being the first to get it, I doubt they are putting CMBN into 'Legacy' mode. I sort of snickered at the spin regarding how great the "Official" Campaigns and Scenarios are compared to the community offerings. Ok, if you say so Steve. I wonder how the Battle Pack will stop players from sending it to each other? Now, a person can DL a file and stick it in their folder and play. There are certainly very sucky stuff out there. Recently, I played an awful scenario with Kangaroos. A very bad waste of time and we agreed to just drop it without much beyond what a waste that was. So, given the bad offerings that the "Pack" has made, NOW Steve wakes up and realizes that the Pack needs scenarios. And wants to charge some more money.

I don't get the CMFI getting another module. Considering that it will take another Family to get 'Bulge' through to the end of the war, why not another Italian Family? I will probably never play CMFI at all. I tend to think of it as a low seller, but it's their Hobby Shop.

CMRT doesn't get any children and it is going to be a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time before it does. Eastern Front 1943? Don't hold your breath.

Bulge is finally revealed to have problems. They have not even made an announcement. Considering that they have doubled the volunteer force, it appears that this CM-iteration shows that the system has issues.

Steve is talking Upgrade but Upgrade to what? Good thing about being online, the emperor can wear no clothes and no one can call him on it, especially when he starts labeling people and threatening bannings etc. Oh, what a tangled web we weave...