Country
llUnited States
Monster Games

Enemy at the Gates (Gamers)
This Hallowed Ground (Gamers)
WAR 2 (Decision) to be released soon
Next War (SPI)
War between the States (Decision)

Still buying them, playing them when I get the chance. Not going to do War in the Pacific.........a mans got to know his limitations

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
GMT's Barbarossa Army Group North (just got it, time to dump Europa!)
GMT's Barbarossa Army Group South (just got it)
GMT's Barbarossa Army Group Center (just got it)
Gamers OCS Guderian's Blitzkrieg II (just got it)
L2 Russia Beseiged (just got it, Russian Campaign on Steriods!)
L2 Bitter Woods Deluxe (just got it, awesome 3rd edition with all the bells and whistles; Art's the Man!)
SPI Mechwar 2 (played about four times in 15 years actually pretty damn good only needs to be modernized in today's context)
AH Flattop (never played had for 15 years but, conceptually looks great)
AH Panzerkreig (played a couple times in ten years not bad though a little crowded and the stacks got really high!)
AH Guns of August (never played)
and of course the entire AH GBACW series (never played had for 5 years however, quite possibly the most beautiful maps in the hobby!)

Last edited:

Ken Feldman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yesterday I got two new 30" x 72" folding tables for my birthday. I spent the afternoon setting up maps from my monsters. The following games fit:

River of Death
Three Days of Gettysburg
Barbarossa: Army Group North
Barbarossa: Army Group South
Seven Pines
Gaines Mill
Malvern Hill.

Unfortunately, it's still not big enough to fit the last three games at the same time. I think I'm going to need a few more table to play out the whole 7 days battles at CWB scale!

Ken

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Say Ken,

How many of those tables will you need to setup all three Barbarossa games including charts?

I want to make the run to home depot and get some florescent lights as well. Out with the fouton, and lets game!

:smoke:
Ken Feldman said:
Yesterday I got two new 30" x 72" folding tables for my birthday. I spent the afternoon setting up maps from my monsters. The following games fit:

River of Death
Three Days of Gettysburg
Barbarossa: Army Group North
Barbarossa: Army Group South
Seven Pines
Gaines Mill
Malvern Hill.

Unfortunately, it's still not big enough to fit the last three games at the same time. I think I'm going to need a few more table to play out the whole 7 days battles at CWB scale!

Ken

Ken Feldman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many of those tables will you need to setup all three Barbarossa games including charts?
I think you would need a total of six for the maps, plus two (one for each side) for charts, counters, beverages.... Unfortunately my gaming room isn't that big!

Actually, when trying out the 60" x 72" configuration, I noticed a little bit of difficulty in reaching to the center of the table. Once the layout gets bigger, how would you manage?

I've heard tales that they actually play all three of the Army Group games at the Consimworld Monstercon. How do they do it there?

Ken

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
They suspend the guys over wires like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible :laugh:

Yep, I've seen the photos of that as well, but I'll damned if I can remember where I saw though. I would love to check it out again, its so inspiring :smoke:

Ken Feldman said:
I think you would need a total of six for the maps, plus two (one for each side) for charts, counters, beverages.... Unfortunately my gaming room isn't that big!

Actually, when trying out the 60" x 72" configuration, I noticed a little bit of difficulty in reaching to the center of the table. Once the layout gets bigger, how would you manage?

I've heard tales that they actually play all three of the Army Group games at the Consimworld Monstercon. How do they do it there?

Ken

imars

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Monsters in My Closet

I have GDWs 3rd World War Series. As far as monsters, go, this one is fairly compact.

My other pet project is a combined VG 2nd Fleet, 6th Fleet, 3rd Fleet. I redid all the maps to make a grand fleet game. I played one turn of it once at a Con. It was pretty cool flying those naval aviation strike craft from the Kola peninsula down to strike at NATO forces in the MED. I even have a map for the Red Sea so I can join up 5th Fleet, but it isn't done yet.

One other monster: Federation and Empire.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ahhh,

Federation and Empire a true monster, did you get the super deluxe giant laminated map from the Amarillo guys? the map laid out was huge it was about 5 or 6 feet, no problems with tiny hexes; by the way the 2000 rulebook is a must. :cheeky:

imars said:
I have GDWs 3rd World War Series. As far as monsters, go, this one is fairly compact.

My other pet project is a combined VG 2nd Fleet, 6th Fleet, 3rd Fleet. I redid all the maps to make a grand fleet game. I played one turn of it once at a Con. It was pretty cool flying those naval aviation strike craft from the Kola peninsula down to strike at NATO forces in the MED. I even have a map for the Red Sea so I can join up 5th Fleet, but it isn't done yet.

One other monster: Federation and Empire.