Closed

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Public schools closed until April 20th. My daughter is a senior and this throws all sorts of wenches into her activities.

My son is in college and all of next weeks finals are online or take home. Next quarter all classes online except for lab classes will still meet.

My we live in interesting times

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Running a cafe, this is likely to have a very serious effect on us. How will we continue to pay our staff if we are closed?

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Running a cafe, this is likely to have a very serious effect on us. How will we continue to pay our staff if we are closed?
Congress is trying to pass so employees can collect unemployment.

My son's labs for next quarter are now to be online. Huh? Why does he need to live on campus then? He has a job driving shuttle busses but that may be vastly curtailed. The school better give refunds.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
America is closed for a few weeks. Ya can’t go on vacation so might as well fix up the house and stuff like that. Maybe play lots of ASL ?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My kid's been "schooling" via ZOOM and Google Meet since the start of the year. A lot of retail businesses collapsed. The travel / hospitality industries are certainly taking the brunt of it.

Old people lined up on the street overnight to buy face masks. (Mostly 'cause they don't know how to buy things online)

Interesting is an understatement.

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was scheduled to return home from a 6 1/2 month TDY. Replacement guys were told to cancel their travel. So I've been extended for an unknown amount of time. Not the worst thing in the world but I'm not happy about being away from family as this outbreak kicks into high gear. On the other hand, not having to travel at this time is nice.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Help !!! toilet paper running low....down to one roll now, the end is near. Send ? !!! Please not that super soft kind, that stuff sucks.

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Does any one really know anyone personally that has this virus?

Not just heard about it?

Everyone I know and they know is in the negative on knowing anyone personally that has the virus. I live in a city of 300,000 so you would think there would be an outbreak, but there isn’t any.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Everyone I know and they know is in the negative on knowing anyone personally that has the virus. I live in a city of 300,000 so you would think there would be an outbreak, but there isn’t any.
Patience, grasshopper, patience!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does any one really know anyone personally that has this virus?

Not just heard about it?

Better if there are actual testing kits available that will give you the numbers.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Help !!! toilet paper running low....down to one roll now, the end is near. Send ? !!! Please not that super soft kind, that stuff sucks.
Haha .. I am not entirely sure about the toilet paper business. Transport people got robbed at knife point by 3 guys for 600 rolls of toilet paper - ON FOOT. How the heck did you plan to run with 200 rolls of toilet paper each? They were caught shortly after. Imagine telling your cell mate what you are in for ...

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Everybody, make sure to buy up all the TP you can ! We gotta put a end to this thing !

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Reserve Army in Canada just shut down training for two weeks, which cuts off my part-time income. Though luckily I am doing a museum project for the military and can now devote more time to writing, which pays the same.

My union was also getting set to orient me as a steward, after two years getting my training done, but have likewise put the brakes on 'public gatherings' of which I suppose disciplinary meetings are now on the list, so I won't be able to sit in on grievance hearings for my orientation.

Cutest part of all this is my 16-year old neighbour, who I help with homework every week, is bummed out that school might get shut down for two weeks. Her brother is ecstatic.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I can't understand the panic buying of toilet paper. Corona is a respiratory disease. You might end up drowning in your lung fluid, but not by shitting yourself for days. It's not cholera!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can't understand the panic buying of toilet paper. Corona is a respiratory disease. You might end up drowning in your lung fluid, but not by shitting yourself for days. It's not cholera!
Find out where your TP is produced. If a domestic supplier then you're fine. If you import for China....

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haha .. I am not entirely sure about the toilet paper business. Transport people got robbed at knife point by 3 guys for 600 rolls of toilet paper - ON FOOT. How the heck did you plan to run with 200 rolls of toilet paper each? They were caught shortly after. Imagine telling your cell mate what you are in for ...
“Stealing toilet paper” and everybody moved away from me, “and creating a nuisance” and everybody moved back.