Cloaking Display

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hey guys, is it normal that may opponent can see my units in the cloaking display tool given in cloaking-display.vmdx extension?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
You mean they can see your stacks of concealed units as concealed? Or they can see your stacks of concealed units as if unconcealed? Isn't that extension just adding a new side board? If so, you still need to conceal your units.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Ok but in that way the opponent has the information about the number of units for each stack.... i thought that cloaking display was used by each player without the opponent can see the units inside.... anyway yes it is a side board

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Well, notwithstanding the fact that your opponent has no reason to look at your side board, I think you may have to HIP the guys under the concealment counter. For that matter, you can usually get by w/o the cloaking display completely since you can just HIP everything except the ? counter that you're walking around. I must confess I've never used it even in night games but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any special code to do anything other than what the regular board map does.