cloaking counters in RB

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It was my understanding that the Russian (most often) receives 10 cloaking counters.

5 of these may be "dummy".

How do people play this, and can players not use dummy at all so receive close to one per MMC?

Thank you

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have always played it as follows:

For a Russian night attack then RO11.6234 applies: " . . . .The total number of Cloaking counters remains one per squad-equivalent (E1.411) in the Russian at-start OB." You create Dummies by putting more than one squad under a single Cloaking counter.

For a Russian RG purchased in Reserve then RO11.6194b applies: " . . . A Reserve RG must be set up on-map . . . using the principles of Cloaking (E1.4). . . . Each Reserve RG purchased may (at purchaser’s option) automatically include up to five Dummy Cloaking counters.

E1.411 states " . . . [He} is allotted one Cloaking counter for each squad-equivalent . . ."

So a Reserve RG gets 1 Cloaking counter per Squad and 5 Dummies.

I am not saying the above is correct; just how I have always played it.

Note that as per RO11.621 Purchasing Fortifications, footnote 7, the purchase of "?" can be used to buy Dummy Reserve Cloaking counters. I have never known anyone to do this nor can I think of tactical situation where this would seem to make sense. But I am sure such exists.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
So you could have 4 stacks of 3 + 5 Dummmy= 9
and/or etc 12 stacks of 1 and + 5 Dummy = 17

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you have an RG of 12 squads you would be entitled to 12 + 5 cloaking counters. If you set them up with 4 stacks of 3 squads you would have 13 cloaking counters left over for use as Dummies.

My reading of the rule is that you get 1 cloak per squad (squad-equivalent actually I think). How you stack those squads has no effect on the number of cloaking counters you are entitled to use.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It was my understanding that the Russian (most often) receives 10 cloaking counters.

5 of these may be "dummy".

How do people play this, and can players not use dummy at all so receive close to one per MMC?

Thank you

In what context exactly? reserves or a night attack?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Can we have some more views on this. Preferably from different parts of the world so its "international".

Do you need to switch on your phone to use Tik Tok? Does it connect to the home Wi Fi?

It's Chi - NA
What do you mean?

FrankH.

Reaction score
If you have an RG of 12 squads you would be entitled to 12 + 5 cloaking counters. If you set them up with 4 stacks of 3 squads you would have 13 cloaking counters left over for use as Dummies.

My reading of the rule is that you get 1 cloak per squad (squad-equivalent actually I think). How you stack those squads has no effect on the number of cloaking counters you are entitled to use.
Actually you get up to an additional 5. Just to confuse the other player a bit more. E.g., make him think you bought a reserve SMG coy of 9 squads when it fact it is a rifle coy of 12 squads.

And, I am pretty sure, you can use concealment counters as additional (or dummy) reserve cloaking counters.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
So at night you get 1 cloaking counter per SE, reserve groups get one per SE and 5 dummies.

The dummy counters and indeed cloaking counters don't count towards VC so you don't have to use them (apart from the reserves) but why would you not want to use them?

At night their utility is obvious, in a day time scenario dummy cloaking counters are great, because unlike a 2x? dummy stack your opponent has no idea if they're dummies or actually a 3x628, lmg 10-3 stack.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I made a new such rule basically 12 CL is the maximum per infantry coy. In this regard 7 is thus the highest number of real MMC/CL to get 5 dummy .total of 12.

Even if you used only 4 stacks of real , 5 is the max number if dummy .

There are also some rules for overstacking also being tested ...

If you want more info just reply..