Climbing

Darkman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2 questions on climbing.

1. When units check to see if they progress or fall; do you roll for the stack? Or each unit (SMC & MMC) seperatly? Do any SMC's attach themselves to a MMC? Can they?

2. A unit is at level 2 or 3 in climbing status a attacking unit is at level 0 in the next hex back (not sharing the cliff hexside). Does the attacking unit get point blank fire, or does the elveation change make the range now too great? What if the attacking unit is in the same hex below the climbing unit (triple point blank)?

ohh a 3rd question.... if the climbing unit has an enemy below them can they make a desperation attack and fall on purpose to try and hit the enemy forces with their falling bodies? I found a unit of mine in that position and actually thought of doing that. Ok, that might not be a wise tactic but they were pretty hosed at that point.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) B11.41 says "an infantry unit must make a DR..."; so presumably each climbing unit makes its own roll, including individual leaders.

2) a: I would say no, because they are not ADJACENT & within one level of the climbers, as per A7.21

b: No again, for the same reason.

3) B11.41 only says that falling units are eliminated. Nice style points, though, for the idea.