Clearing The Breskens Pocket with a doubled OOB anybody?

witchbottles

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the "Way back Time machine" app is the only way you might be able to access the old CFG portal.
I'd put those files up in dropbox links here on this thread - but they are not my intellectual property to do so. So I will not, without permissions from the CFGG guys.

KRL, jon H

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llCzechia
I'd put those files up in dropbox links here on this thread - but they are not my intellectual property to do so. So I will not, without permissions from the CFGG guys.

KRL, jon H
But they were free files for anyone to download in the first place. I'm sure the CF guys wouldn't mind.

witchbottles

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But they were free files for anyone to download in the first place. I'm sure the CF guys wouldn't mind.
unfortunately, I cannot accept that you may speak with authority for Paul Kenny, Chris Olden, and the others of that group :)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llCzechia
Paul Kenny and Chris Olden were in CF? I did not know that.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
unfortunately, I cannot accept that you may speak with authority for Paul Kenny, Chris Olden, and the others of that group :)
As I recall, when they shut down there were statements made to the effect that the principles of CF were NOT abdicating their IP rights to what had been published on the site.

No matter what or who you know about copyrighted material, it is the owner's and only the owner's prerogative to publish/distribute.

Last edited:

witchbottles

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I recall, when they shut down there were statements made to the effect that the principles of CF were NOT abdicating their IP rights to what had been published on the site.

No matter what or who you know about copyrighted material, it is the owner's and only the owner's prerogative to publish/distribute.
exactly the reason for my statement.

An IP rights owner can make the choice to distribute their work as freeware on the open web as CFGG did - and they may also make the choice to end that practice, at any time, for one or all, of their previously open distribution materials, as CFGG did.

CFGGs closing statements specified the rights to the material on-site when it shut down belonged to the respective author/designer/design teams.

I do not have the privilege of accepting a non-involved person(s) requests without specific permission to release such material from its IP rights holder(s).

Michael Dorosh

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just been chatting to Michael Dorosh about his gif file of The Breskens Pocket map. Why not play the scenario and double the OOB he suggested. That is not a bad idea!

Anyone ever play this bad boy?
I fear my easy-going nature has once again concealed the razor sharp barbs of what was intended as a heavily sarcastic notion.....NOT an earnest suggestion! :)