Clearing A-T Mines off paved road/bridge.

Sibo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Forum

Were playing ASL115 Balkan Showdown which I think is getting some coverage in other threads as well.

The picture is this, the A-T mines on the bridge hexes also contain wire. In the Mph can the Hungarian player elect to not go under the wire and expend the additional 1MF (as per B28.53) to clear the mines (throw them off the road/bridge). B24.74 says that to clear minefields (in normal conditions) you have to be under the wire counter but the higher numbered rule section seems to override this by only having any Inf which is not pinned, brkn or elim, to expend the 1MF.

My thoughts would be that you would still need to get under the wire to be in a position to throw the mines off the bridge....but the rules , particularly B28.53, seems to say different.

Colin

Sibo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks Jack, my thoughts as well but the rules don't make this clear.

Rich
Live in Geraldton but play mainly VASL and the odd tourney in Perth when they come up. Would LOVE a ftf opponent in Gero but haven't found one yet.

Colin

Sibo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes Rich it is lonely here in the Midwest of Western Australia.... I manage OK in this wild & rugged part of Oz but teaching the local hicc's to play ASL is like teaching a monkey to play Mozart's Fifth Concerto...

We do have a strong following WA wide though with our 1/2 yearly ASL tourney's in Perth getting up to 14 players and having 20+ on our mailing list.

You should come over and make a guest appearance, next one is in late Oct/early Nov ??

Cheers