Clearance B24.7

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rubble, Wire, mines, Set DC, roadblocks, and Flame may all be removed as *Tasks* by units (at least one MMC/Dozer).......

So is each a different Task DR (hence the use of the plural...and not language like "as one combined task"? EX a hex has mines and Wire...is one clearing both on the same DR or just one declared "Task". I understand the unit has to be under the Wire...assume* that is the case...

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I think you are asking whether a unit can attempt to clear more than one item (like mines and Wire) simultaneously, no?

This shouldn't be possible, though I admit having trouble finding a cut-and-dry statement to that effect in the RB. What there isn't, however, is any demonstration of the mechanics one would use to attempt simultaneous clearances by a single unit - though multiple units must combine into a single Clearance DR when working to clear the same item, and a Bulldozer can sometimes clear multiple items when it remains un-bogged with sufficient MPs left over.

The ASOP is the most definitive statement I can find. It says that during the MPh:

...a unit may declare an attempt to Clear rubble, wire, mines, Set DC, roadblock, Path, Panji Covered-hexside, or non-Factory Debris; the unit becomes TI.​
I take some solace in that it reads "or" and not "and/or."

Note, the above is from the widely-distributed "readable ASOP". The actual ASOP has almost exactly the same language.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I was asking about clearing more than one item.
I concur with your ASOP argument. Thank you.