Classic or 960 Chess for the GameSquad 2010 Fall Invitational Tourney?

Do you want 960 Chess or Traditional Chess?

• I want a 960 tournament.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I want a traditional chess tournament.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the 2010 GameSquad Fall Invitational Chess Tourney, which type of chess do you prefer: 960 Chess or Traditional Chess?

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Let me get to the end of regular chess first, or finish off all the opponants in Chess Master 11, before we change games. It shouldnt take long, i've been able to finish every other computer game i've played - why should this one be any different? :)

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
1. I couldnt do both tourneys. 960 chess is like an all-star game ... its great fun if your an elite player, but if your average you can look awful. So i'll stick to normal chess.

2. I fully support both tourneys though, preferably simultaneous :)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm about to announce the sign-up round for the next chess tourney and it will be a traditional tourney. I was considering going with Lurker's suggestion about having a 960 Tourney for a change, but decided against it as I think we might get some new players who are looking for some regular chess. Therefore, I think the best course is to continue with our classical chess tourneys. However, I am willing to run a follow-up 960 tourney either when this one concludes, or when the game load starts to lighten. Assuming we get a full roster (12 players), two simultaneous round robin chess tourneys would mean each player would be saddled with 48 games! Even with a 14 day TC, that would be unbearable (at least for me). That is why I don't want to do a simul at this time. But later...sure.

Everyone okay with that?