"Class" Steed

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turbine is going on a new track to bring in $$, "class named" Steeds.

A Hunter's mount must be light and swift to chase down his quarry, yet sturdy enough to bear the weight of the Hunter's tools: traps, quivers, and provisions for a long, cold night. Descended from the wild horses of the Rhovanion plains, this steed will bravely bear its master against the forces of darkness.

Wearing a fur saddle pad and breastplate, with a neck guard and fur-lined splint boots, this steed displays everything that true Hunters need in their fight against Evil! This steed has 250 health and allows you to travel 68% faster than running on foot, making it faster and stronger than many other mounts! A LOTRO Store Exclusive! Riding Skill is required with this mount.
Oct 7-20th
TP: 1995

View attachment 34397

I admit this mount I like, it actually looks functional in a M.E setting and not like you're in a parade.

Will I buy one... eh, not sure I've yet to spend 1 TP but at least they are starting to make some items I might buy.

Any comments on this one?

Does have me wondering what the other "class steeds" will look like.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As far as I am concerned this is how they should earn their money. People paying $20 for a nice looking horse that is 3.7% faster than normal horses.

Voluntarily.

They don't need it because, say, they can only craft a thing by going from bree to rivendell fast enough that the 162% speed horse won't do. Not that this has any similarities to LI deconstruction forsale items.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
If they would have started the store out by offering exclusive items like this, I might have thought about subsidizing it. As it is, there is too much bad blood in the water. I don't need to travel a few percent faster, and when you're on the silly thing, you don't see it anyway, so it's all cosmetic. I currently have four mounts - the bloodbay that I worked hard to get, levelling up to 20 with my first character, dreaming about that first horse the entire time; the springfest horse, which I had to win the racetrack quest after falling off that log into the mud at least 30 times, another real accomplishment; the winter festival horse, which also had to be earned, the mule I use in Moria, which had to be earned at level 60, and the Angmar mount, which also took forever to earn the right to purchase. All are indicative, to me, of things I had to "earn" (rather than just whipping a credit card out), and all are mounts I use in special areas - the winterfest mount in cold regions (Forochel, Misty Mountains), the Angmar mount in Angmar, bloodbay for "everyday", etc.

Nah. Think I'll pass on the credit card/TP offers. I still don't see a compelling reason to subsidize their store.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went in and looked at the mount I have "up' for each character (I only have room for 1 active one on the screen) and my main 4 are all Faction Rep Mounts that I played forever to earn.
65's are riding: Evendim Mount, Forochel Mount, North Down Mount, Lone Lands Mount.

My lower alts are riding various Festival Mounts with 2 on the Mathom/Shire Mount.
(I refuse to ride that dang Goat outside & only in Moria if I need speed!) The Festival Mounts that I like the best are the ones I had to win vs. other players & not just beat a clock.

I also like to use what I earned via game play and not simply plunked down some extra cash for.
Although I'm starting to come around to the idea of spending some minor TP's on cosmetic stuff or maybe extra space since I am earning some via playing the game.

Well I know if I get much more "stuff" I will have to get more character vault space. Crafting items are still hogs for space. My poor cook & scholar are using a low-level alt each to hold their stuff so I can adventure with them.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I decided not to buy the Turbine Stores "Hunters Steed" for my 2nd 65 Hunter, instead I got the Eglain Kindred Mount I’ve always liked. (My other Hunter has the Evendim Kindred Mount)

I had to go back & do a lot of grey quests for Rep points then go out & find & collect gold ore then craft too many rings to count. Kind of silly that they only want the lowest power ring & not any of the powerful versions I was "unfortunate" enough to crit while making them.

The mount cost me 5 gold straight up but if you count how much I could have sold all the ore I used I figured it cost me about 11 gold total...

I just like the mounts I had to earn over the ones I won in the festival races.

On a side note- the designers have really come thru on the clothing both combat & cosmetic that you can get in the new RoI expansion. Some of that stuff is very cool looking in practical adventuring terms & not “parade” outfits.

"Palantier" on his new mount "Faroth'peg" (Spotted Hunter)
View attachment 34499