Class Steed- Guardian

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The second of the Class Steeds is here. {Nov 23- Dec 8th only.}

Just like the Hunter class steed this one looks like a "real" mount you'd travel across M.E. on and not a parade mount. :thumup:

I like it, but will probably not get it as my only Guardian is a grumpy old dwarf & doesn't really like to ride anyway.
His sturdy & plain little pony is good enough he said. :(

View attachment 34837

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's with the mini-shields on the shoulder?

Next thing we know 1000 turbine points more get you BMW emblems?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I liked the design, although the color will always be red & not match your own custom player look. Anything besides the silly pennants the parade mounts fly.

It appears they may have asked someone who actually rides a horse cross-country as to what mounts should be equipped with & not someone who has just rode a horse in WoW.
:bite:

Edit- hmmm I think now after looking at the pict again you meant the shoulder guards on the hobbit... ya I agree there.

Last edited:

BlitzCanuck

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj.
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Personally i'm all about the stats so until they come out with a mount that significantly exceeds the speed and morale of my mount, i'll continue to ride my goat all across M.E.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally i'm all about the stats...
I can see how players can get into the whole stat deal as the game is controlled under-the-hood by stats. Plus if you play competitively every .00 % helps.

When I played WoW way back when I was caught up in the main point of that game: "its all about the stats & getting the next item to boost your stats." I'm so glad I quit that Merry-go-Round type of game play.

If my success or happiness in a game relies on a .04% upgrade then I'd rather quit. And if a game requires I HAVE to HAVE that .02% to win then it's also not for me.

In LotRO you can actually advance clear to level 70 just by using items from the in-game "trash" drops & not the superior crafted or boss kill items- go figure! I admire those players who go the Iron-man route. (Surprisingly my wife has an alt she's purposely Iron-Womaning; won't let me craft a dang thing for that one but she's having fun surviving alone "off-the-land".)

Now, when I hit a new level I'll look at what new items I can craft (if I even remember I leveled) and if it looks better I'll make it. But I never go into much detail anymore of checking to see if I get a minor % of a boost in all the dozen or so stat items in anything but a couple of main stats.
If i don't see an items better right off say in Agility going from 40 to 50 I don't look much farther & I may not even swap weapons.

I have skipped getting a "better" weapon because it looks worse than what I'm already using or doesn't fit my characters back-story. My Dwarf only uses Hammers & my Healer only Maces no matter how much better any other weapon at their level is, even one I can make. They just have to wait until I can make a better Hammer or Mace for them at a later level.

The last thing I want to play in Middle Earth is "stats" when I'd rather just be playing to help defeat Sauron. It's more of a role-play style than a game-play style for me.

BlitzCanuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
actually, i meant only in the context of the subject matter. That is to say, i don't care what the mounts look like, i just want to get from point A to point B as efficiently as possible.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well then, ummm, sure, of course. :D

I think the majority of LotRO players only dabble in the stat aspect as I do minus the PvP players.
Does anyone here play the "stats" just for normal play or is that mainly the competitive / WoW players then?

BlitzCanuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think the majority do care about improving their stats. I do. I'm not obsessed with getting miniscule improvements at all costs though.
For example, prior to Isengard, the best raid armour set to be had was the Ost Dunhoth armour. But the grind to get it was not worth it, in my opinion. And in talking to others in my kin, they agreed. But there were some that got it because they had to have the best. Which is fine. But for me, everything comes down to getting the best bang for my buck or in other words, the best stats relative to the amount of time required to acquire them.
Doesn't make sense to me to spend 100% more time to get a 3% improvement.

However, i think that has to do with having alts. I have 7 different characters. I don't want to spend a lot of time grinding when i can be levelling up one of my alts. I might feel differently if i had only one character. In that case, i can understand spending the time to get the best gear possible.

Bottom line for me though, is that i don't criticize anyone for how they spend their lotro time. What's fun for one person is not necessarily for another.