Clarifications on ASLSK3's To Hit DR Modifiers Chart

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I don't know, sometimes you want to turn around, fire at a Known Enemy Unit, and make as sure as possible that you won't hit (maybe because the target is a broken unit that is bound to surrender and you don't want to take the risk of a Heat of Battle on it). Then you can announce a 12 hexsides TCA change (two full turns! yaaaaahoooooo!) to get a pretty good DRM.

Of course, that's when you get a DR2 for the To Hit, followed by a 1 dr for a CH. Sometimes the dice just play against you. But at least you tried.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You also are allowed to change the CA and not fire.

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks again for all the clarifications. In the discussion of CA change, I think my other question got lost. Any thoughts on this:

"Case 14 vs. Case 1 vs. Case 16. Suppose it is AFPh. Case #1 says that there is a +2 DRM for "Vehicle that did not move". Case #14 (which is under the "Vehicle-only" label) says there is +4 (T/ST) or +5 (NT) DRM in AFPh. And Case 16 (also under "Vehicle-Only") says the same as Case 14, but also to x2 the lower die. I think I understand the difference between Case 16 and 14: in Case 16 the tank has an "in motion" counter on it, whereas in Case 14 it does not. But then what is the difference between Case 14 and Case 1? Is it that in Case 14 it does not have a Motion counter AND ALSO it moved during MPh (but did not end its MPh in motion, so does not have an in motion counter on it) whereas in Case 1 it does not have a Motion counter on it AND ALSO it did not move during the prior MPh phase?"

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thanks again for all the clarifications. In the discussion of CA change, I think my other question got lost. Any thoughts on this:

"Case 14 vs. Case 1 vs. Case 16. Suppose it is AFPh. Case #1 says that there is a +2 DRM for "Vehicle that did not move". Case #14 (which is under the "Vehicle-only" label) says there is +4 (T/ST) or +5 (NT) DRM in AFPh. And Case 16 (also under "Vehicle-Only") says the same as Case 14, but also to x2 the lower die. I think I understand the difference between Case 16 and 14: in Case 16 the tank has an "in motion" counter on it, whereas in Case 14 it does not. But then what is the difference between Case 14 and Case 1? Is it that in Case 14 it does not have a Motion counter AND ALSO it moved during MPh (but did not end its MPh in motion, so does not have an in motion counter on it) whereas in Case 1 it does not have a Motion counter on it AND ALSO it did not move during the prior MPh phase?"
Per the 2.0 definitions, Bounding Fire is fire by a vehicle that entered a new hex, so 1 does not apply when 14 does, and 14 does not apply when 1 does (which is fire without having moved).

JR