Clarifications for Death To Fascism Scenarios and Special Rules

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thanks Klas.

That was how we read it. I believe the convention is for any applicable SSRs to appear in parenthesis after the setup instructions of a group to which they apply. IOW, include the reference to SSR 5 after "Level 3" in the setup instructions for the onboard Italian force. A minor point, but IMO it would remove what little ambiguity there is.
It could have been two SSR I guess.

Nothing I reflected over when proofing the scenario, but some times you have to play a scenario to catch all the little things.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It could have been two SSR I guess.

Nothing I reflected over when proofing the scenario, but some times you have to play a scenario to catch all the little things.
These things happen.

Another point raised post game was whether the SW Purchase limits apply separately to reinforcements, or to the entire OB. IOW, could the at-start Italians purchase 4 LMG, and the Turn 4 reinforcements purchase an additional 4 LMG.

It didn't matter in the end, as the Italians lost. But is it permitted under the DTF Special Rules as written? (FWIW, I don't think it's permitted.)

Gringo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks Klas.

That was how we read it. I believe the convention is for any applicable SSRs to appear in parenthesis after the setup instructions of a group to which they apply. IOW, include the reference to SSR 5 after "Level 3" in the setup instructions for the onboard Italian force. A minor point, but IMO it would remove what little ambiguity there is.
Correct, all Italians are elite, not only the reinforcement.

Gringo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
These things happen.

Another point raised post game was whether the SW Purchase limits apply separately to reinforcements, or to the entire OB. IOW, could the at-start Italians purchase 4 LMG, and the Turn 4 reinforcements purchase an additional 4 LMG.

It didn't matter in the end, as the Italians lost. But is it permitted under the DTF Special Rules as written? (FWIW, I don't think it's permitted.)
The counting for the buy is in total, not separately, so a purchase of max. 4 LMGs is possible.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Each group had their own SWPP. I did not see any issues there.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Each group had their own SWPP. I did not see any issues there.
I hadn't given the question any thought until an observer pointed it out after the game. It's important for the Indians too, as they could possibly enter with 4 LMG on Turn 1, and another 4 LMG on Turn 3.

It's not crystal clear from the rules for SW purchases. If I were to play the scenario again, I'd like to be sure before selecting SW, especially in a tourney.

In any case, attractive scenario cards by the way.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Ah. I had missed/forgotten that there is a maximum number of each.