Clarifications for Death To Fascism Scenarios and Special Rules

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

the following are the clarifications following queries and suggestions at Oktoberfest:

Death To Fascism Special Rules:

2. Support Weapon and MTR Purchases
Clarification: if the Scenario Card SW definition does NOT include any nationality in italics, use the "common" (ie non-foreign built) SW of that type.

For example, the Rumanian LMGs in DTF-4 Death To Fascism are 2-7 B11 Axis Minors LMG. People's Liberation Army uses non-"foreign" weapons (to the CPVA).

3 Setup
Clarification: rule 3.3 may have been worded a bit more directly, ie as follows: "All SMC may use HIP if set up in Concealment Terrain and stacked with >= one MMC."

Death To Fascism Scenarios:

DTF-1 Keren Masala
Clarification: The Italian Player may use 8 dummy counters for his on-board setup. The reinforcing Italians do NOT add to this number, as they receive their own Cloaking counters (including possible Dummies).

DTF-4 Death To Fascism
Clarification: The Valentine VIII tanks (Russian Vehicle Note 52.2 found in Hakkaa Paale) are designated as Valentine VIII (b).

The nationality definition (b) was missing from the original Chapter H note 52 and we copied that error.

DTF-5 AK'44
Clarification: German SS 4-4-7 squads (and their HS) become Fanatic when Battle Hardening.

-------------------------
These were all rules queries/concerns we could pull from 40+ playings of DTF scenarios at ASLOK.

If someone here would be so kind to post this message on the ASL Facebook page (which I am not part of), I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have another clarification which I received from Chris M. directly, while I was playing Taylor in "DTF-6". The Mk IVH have NO MG values shown/printed so we were uncertain whether the tank had a AAMG. We asked him. Chris said 'no AAMG'.

This same question could be asked of other vehicles in your pick with AAMG or otherwise optional MG. You may wish to clarify beyond DFT-6.

Andy

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You have another clarification which I received from Chris M. directly, while I was playing Taylor in "DTF-6". The Mk IVH have NO MG values shown/printed so we were uncertain whether the tank had a AAMG. We asked him. Chris said 'no AAMG'.

This same question could be asked of other vehicles in your pick with AAMG or otherwise optional MG. You may wish to clarify beyond DFT-6.

Andy
I believe that any optional armament would have to be indicated on the scenario card to be considered, otherwise it would not be available.

Thanks for raising this.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Incorrect. It is not optional on the Mk IV. The printed counters from A. Hill and MMP exist with 3/5 and 3/5/2 versions. The AAMG is not an option but a standard "variant" but not optional in ASL speak.

I should not have used 'optional' in my 2nd line (rather variant, my bad), as 'optional' has ASL-speak attached to it.

So yes you do have to address this issue as clarification and you should consider this as you move forward to 2020...it is not hard to have '3/5' alongside X tank ....

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The AAMG on the PzKpfw IVH is an Optional Armament per D1.84.

From German Vehicle Note 24.
"See also German Vehicle Notes B, S."

German Multi-Applicable Vehicle Notes:
B. Optional AAMG is available 1944-45 with RF of 1.3.

Now if the scenario is set prior to 1944 it would be less of an issue if the counter on the scenario does spell out the MG configuration.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We forgot to check Chap H. So moot point on this.
But for the designers going forward they should take such a factor under consideration.

Last edited:

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also one other item (from Wai-Kwong & my playing, that you later commented upon) for AK'44 - clarifying that SS 447s that Battle Harden become Fanatic, not SS 658s... :study:

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Also one other item (from Wai-Kwong & my playing, that you later commented upon) for AK'44 - clarifying that SS 447s that Battle Harden become Fanatic, not SS 658s... :study:
Thanks for reminding me of this one !

Added to the list above.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
You are a seriously good man.

In recognition, I am seriously considering a scenario for the next pack (2020) with 5-6 Sturmgeschutze supporting an infantry attack.....in the mist.......
...at night? No, I'd never leave my bunk again... ;)

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clarification: The Italian Player may use 8 dummy counters for his on-board setup. The reinforcing Italians do NOT add to this number, as they receive their own Cloaking counters (including possible Dummies).
Ok, but E1.41 says, "A Cloaking counter cannot represent (i.e., its Cloaking Box section may not contain) one or more "?".
That seems to indicate that those 10 "?"s should be lost.
I note that the card says 'may enter using Cloaking...', so I suppose they could enter with the additional 10 "?"s if they don't cloak?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In DTF1, SSR 5 appears only to refer to the reinforcements. (The onboard group has no SSR5 in parenthesis in the setup instructions.) Was this the intent? In other words, are at-start Italian forces also Fanatic?

TIA

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

See above post, Chris. :)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Was aware Michael, thanks. But I was hoping for Klas to chime in.

No biggie now, as we played it as if all Italians are Fanatic.

-chris

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Was aware Michael, thanks. But I was hoping for Klas to chime in.

No biggie now, as we played it as if all Italians are Fanatic.
From my input on Discord:

I think it applies to all Italian MMC. The reference to" SSR 5" is for this part: "Italian reinforcements may enter using Cloaking as if a Scenario Attacker."

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
From my input on Discord:

I think it applies to all Italian MMC. The reference to" SSR 5" is for this part: "Italian reinforcements may enter using Cloaking as if a Scenario Attacker."
Thanks Klas.

That was how we read it. I believe the convention is for any applicable SSRs to appear in parenthesis after the setup instructions of a group to which they apply. IOW, include the reference to SSR 5 after "Level 3" in the setup instructions for the onboard Italian force. A minor point, but IMO it would remove what little ambiguity there is.