Clarification of VCs for WO28 Dean's Defiance

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am seeking a clarification with regard to the victory conditions in WO28 (Dean’s Defiance). The VCs read as follows:
“The North Koreans win at game end by exiting ≥60 Exit VP [EXC: prisoners do not count double] off the south edge. The North Korean Exit VP total is reduced by 2 for every multi-hex building Controlled by the Americans.”
In the victory conditions it is the interpretation of the second sentence that is unclear (i.e, The North Korean Exit VP total is reduced by 2 for every multi-hex building Controlled by the Americans). Reading the discussions on this forum, it seems that players played the scenario with this sentence meaning: The North Korean Exit VP total is reduced by 2 for every multi-hex building Controlled by the North Koreans at game end.
This would make sense as the Americans can set up anywhere and the North Koreans do not set up onboard at start. Therefore, all multi-hex buildings at start are US controlled (A26.11) and there would be an incentive for the North Koreans to gain control of these buildings to possibly lower the Exit VP total. Is this the correct interpretation? If not, please, clarify how this second part of the VCs should be understood. As currently stated, it literally means that the North Koreans should stay outside any unoccupied multi-hex building and should not contest control of any multi-hex building containing US units as taking control of multi-hex buildings would not reduce their Exit VP total. It would be a waste of effort.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
For every multi-hex building Controlled by the Americans the total number of Exit VP the North Koereans have exited (not what they need to exit) are reduced by 2.

So if they have exited 64 Exit VP and the Americans Control three such buildings, the total exited is: 64 - (3*2) = 58.

I.e., the North Koreans wants to Control these buildings, otherwise they need to exit more than 60.

EDIT: 62 -> 64 (see below).

Last edited: