Churchill calling shots???

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Okay, it's been nearly a year now since England has fallen, scotland, ireland as well. a news report stated that Churchill diverted resources and equipment to Soviet Russia, how can he do this if England is axis controlled...did Canada and some other UK countries contribute or what...wouldn't Churchill have been sacked if England fell........?

anyways...pissed me off because I think the Soviets got a big boost in units and chit(saw him shuffling his forces, 'specially arty).... Germany received a lowly Luftwaffe Corps.....

although, it could have been reconstituting units from a major encirclement of forces around Zhitomir... iunno...

anyways....will the Soviets ever give up??

I thought with the DoW on Soviet end, that some of those news strings might be cancelled with england gone and the US isn't even involved yet but they sent tons of 'chit' too....sheeeeesh.

Any comments about the news strings and any more expected ones please????

bdr.... tired of pounding away ..... mallette

:upset:

meatshield

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe Churchill is directing output from the Empire which mostly went to arm Britons. Now that the Brits are effectively knocked out he's redirecting the Empire's output to the Soviet Union - the last hope for Western democracy ;).

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
oh yeah......

well that sux....

friggin Allies, sharing their resources and schtuff......sheeeeeesh!
what the hell, they started this war, they declared war on wee little Germany and now they are ganging up on me....sheeeeeesh.

bdr..... pissy Ruskies

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
It's often forgotten that 'Britain' was far more than the British Isles. There were the Dominions - Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa; the imperial possessions - India, other parts of Africa, and South East Asia; and the mandated territories in the Middle East. There was a definite intention to carry on the fight from these even if the UK itself was occupied, and one imagines that the most stringent measures would have been taken to raise troops and equipment. Presumably the US would have given all the support that it could.

By knocking out the UK the bulk of the British army and RAF disbands, there's a big Replacements penalty, and obviously the Western Allies eventual return to the Continent will be far more difficult. All the queued British reinforcements are removed from the schedule.

Taking the UK wouldn't have eased Germany's oil supply problems, which was its real Achilles heel.

I don't think that sacking Churchill would have been very easy...

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I was just upset to see him start to move even more units to the front when I thought I had knocked a lot out.
They were surrounded and cut off from supply for at least 2 turns.... it was about 11 corps and some arty, airborne and mech... didn't think they'd reconstitute..but I guess Rasmus knew better....wasted my time surrounding and destroying rather than surging forward. chit!

bdr

meatshield

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Soviets pretty much replace their entire standing army by something like 40 turns into the invasion. And many of the replacements are high proficiency shock corps and other useful formations.

To add to your woes, most of the Soviet "armies" reconstitute. I don't think the Early War Mech does, but most everything else will. If you you fail with a quick knock out blow just start encircling as much as you can while you still have the initiative. Even if you can't ultimately win you can greatly hamper his ability to counter-attack. Perhaps long enough to save Berlin before the game ends.

Last edited:

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Berlin....?Berlin.....?
Soviet forces will not even see Warsaw, let alone Berlin.

uhoh...did I just drop the gauntlet on the Soviets...?

lol...jk Rasmus

bdr

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
The Germans occupying Warsaw reminds me of that saying about actors playing in pantomime at a particular theatre: you do it once on your way up, and once on your way down.

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
I was just upset to see him start to move even more units to the front when I thought I had knocked a lot out.
They were surrounded and cut off from supply for at least 2 turns.... it was about 11 corps and some arty, airborne and mech... didn't think they'd reconstitute..but I guess Rasmus knew better....wasted my time surrounding and destroying rather than surging forward. chit!

bdr
Smart fella that Rasmus;)

To ease your pain, I will reveal that most of what you saw was scheduled arrivals. I have a steady line of reconstituting infantry corps but they are very banged up when they arrive. I did my utmost to relieve the pocket and save my ART units, but I failed.