Chronological Core Scenarios

buser333

Reaction score
I just started playing the Action Packs in chronological order and would like to do the same with the core module scenarios, starting with ASL 137 - Italian Brothers. Any takers?

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You should try that with Poland in Flames, that would be a trip thru history ASL style:)

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just started playing the Action Packs in chronological order and would like to do the same with the core module scenarios, starting with ASL 137 - Italian Brothers. Any takers?
How do you intend / desire to play these? FTF, FTF via VASL, PBEM, PBEM via VASL, etc...

buser333

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my posting. I would prefer to play these via live VASL/Skype.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cool thanks for the update. I would love to tackle such a project again one day - but timing right now simply leaves me no way to possibly do this. (Pierce Mason and I tried a similar vein via VASL PBEM from 1997-2001, then I got recalled to active duty after 9/11.)

Oh well, one can still dream the big dreams :) Good luck with this endeavor. If you are open to a suggestion - we found it necessary to "isolate" the scenarios by invoking a house rule that only those in print at the beginning of the effort will be involved -

Adding in what gets published along the way in such a huge endeavor makes the entire thing seem too unwieldy. By our limiting it to what was in print when said " On your mark, get set, go!" made it a finite number of scens to play ( albeit it is still an impossibly large number.)

KRL,
Jon H

buser333

Reaction score
Yes, Pierce and I are currently tackling the AP scenarios this way. He mentioned you guys having done the same (with ALL the scenarios published at the time!) I should add that my upcoming schedule is quite flexible as far as my time goes. Overseas players are welcome, as are all experience levels.

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you found an opponent? How frequently do you want to play?

buser333

Reaction score
Hey Bob,
Still looking for someone to run through these with. I'm open to whatever your schedule allows as far as playing.
I see you are going to St. Louis this year. I am going to try and make it there as well. That'd be my first tourney ever!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Bob,
Still looking for someone to run through these with. I'm open to whatever your schedule allows as far as playing.
I see you are going to St. Louis this year. I am going to try and make it there as well. That'd be my first tourney ever!
Do go as you won't regret it (great guys & a very good tournament). Perhaps next year Curtis & I will have to haul your butt down to Chicago. I could always use a trip to Wisco Rap to visit my Mom or brother & sisters as well, not to mention, it's not far off the path & one more guy to share a room is always great.

buser333

Reaction score
Yeah I wanted to get to Chicago this year but it was during tax season so, alas, no. I did sign up for the Twin Cities Yahoo group as I still hope to make it up there one of these months. And if you're in the mood for a road trip hit me up, and I will do likewise.