Chronicles of Riddick Sucked Like a Tornado...

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
dannybou said:
I actually enjoyed the movie.
I finally watched it this past Saturday, and it was only OK. I don't think the "world" surrounding the premise was as fleshed-out as it should have been. The effects were interesting, but nothing exciting. It was a "rental", as I often say to my wife when viewing trailers. Nice use of a metal cup as a weapon, though! ;)

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought Dodgeball this weekend - good stuff there! ;)

They didn't need the full-mouth lesbian kiss at the end. I had it figured that she was at LEAST bi when she mentioned she played college softball!! ;) :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Riddick knife fight scene (while the sun is rising on that really hot planet) was really cool, mostly because it had good music to go with it but other than that I wasn't impressed. I like the character Riddick but the surrounding plot could have been better.

Rabbi

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I loved the movie and bought it the day it came out. I am also a pretty big sci-fi fan and it was probably the best sci-fi movie to come out in the last five years.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I loved it, because there was a TON of stuff that the director / writer / producer decided not to TELL us, but instead just SHOW us. Very sci-fi, very cool. Actually had character arcs 'n' things like plot & multiple cultures ... only so much you can do in 2 hours, but they did a lot!

My favorite "Show v. Tell" was all about the Elementals & the main bad guy, including the main bad girl's plot in regards to same. I won't say no more, but it's definately a movie that brain power can be useful on.

Or, I'm just hopelessly addicted to the Riddick storyline ... :)