Chinese scenarios

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking for Chinese scenarios from the "official" war years that is 39-45. Beside MMP and a few other TPP where could I find a good batch of them? Not for sale, just wondering what publication or company has some....

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
In one of the design packs Glennbo gave us a series of three scenarios set in Shanghai. Two stand alone scenarios and a third one which combines the two. IIRC the design packs had quite a few Chinese scenarios.

Decade Of War AP by Fort has a mini monster Chinese scenario. Can't remember the name. Plus in Into The Rubble 2 there are some Chinese scenarios set in Shanghai.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Heya .. apart from the usual .. there's obviously Bounding Fire Production's BLOOD & JUNGLE

Not to be overlooked - There are a good number of Chinese scenarios from Dispatches from the Bunker and from Le Franc Tireur. VFTT had a mini CG based in China as well - VFTT PL CG2 - Tangled At Tsangkou CG.

Either way ASL Scenario Archive is good tool for this ..
.. a search where Chinese are the Defenders
.. a search where Chinese are the Attackers

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
You are looking for the WW2 period ('39-'45) and I suspect you are trying to avoid the Warlord Period, Long March and the various minor Sino-Japanese clashes. However I would suggest you extend that period to '37-'45. The Second Sino-Japanese War (July '37 to Sept. '45) was when the serious fighting occurred and was the equivalent to Europe's Sept '39 to May '45. Due to Japanese logistical and force limitations, things quietened down from '40 a fair bit to somewhat of a stalemate until Operation Ichi-Go in '44. So by excluding '37 and '38 you would be missing a large chunk of the significant action. Though the Chinese participated in Burma and nearby province of Yunnan alongside Allied troops from '42 onwards, that was a comparative sideshow in the larger Sino-Japanese war.

So in summary I urge you to stretch your core period to '38-'45.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ichi-Go