China scenario

Tim

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I found two great sites about the Chinese military.
www.sinodefence.com
www.china-defense.com
With the information from these sites it would be great to design a new scenario. I just need good subject for one. Does anyone have an idea for one?
I aready did the invade Taiwan scenario which I found it did not work out to well.

thanks
Tiemen

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
The Chinese Civil War 1946-1949

The Chinese Intervention in Korea 1950

The Indo-Chinese War of 1962.

The Chinese attack on Vietnam 1979

Future War between India and China

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Why didn't it work out?

Okay, here are some hypothetical ideas.

1. China invades former Soviet Union in order to secure additional land and resources.

2. China invades portions of the Middle East due to terrorism and Muslim uprisings against the government.

3. Chinese civil war.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
another hypothetical one:

China starts invading its neighbors (especially Taiwan) to conquer new land and resources and as a reaction the UN declare war on China and invade it.

Could be a fun 2-stage scenario, stage one china attacks, stage 2 the UN counterattacks.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Kraut
China starts invading its neighbors (especially Taiwan) to conquer new land and resources and as a reaction the UN declare war on China and invade it.

Now that would be one bloody war. :crosseye:

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Invasion of Tiawan

It might make for a interesting scenario but is unlikely as China would lose a lot more than she could gain by such an action. Her plan here will be long term. Forge more links between Taiwan and the mainland, which combined with economic and political progress will eventually unite the island with the Motherland. It might take time but China has been around a while now so they can afford to be patient!

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
Invasion of Tiawan

It might make for a interesting scenario but is unlikely as China would lose a lot more than she could gain by such an action. Her plan here will be long term. Forge more links between Taiwan and the mainland, which combined with economic and political progress will eventually unite the island with the Motherland. It might take time but China has been around a while now so they can afford to be patient!
Now that would be a boring scenario. Turn one: China chooses the TO to not attack Taiwan and both players impatiently await 100 turns of cease fire :D :cheeky:

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
For a good background to a (fictional) war involving China, try reading Tom Clancy's "The Bear and the Dragon" this involves a Chinese invasion of Siberia - maybe Invading Taiwan could be included as a Theatre Option?

Ben Turner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
Her plan here will be long term.
Yeah- that's precisely the problem. If you look at the thinking behind a lot of aggressive actions, it's either "now is the best time to act" or "We're bored of waiting". Now isn't the best time to act- that won't come for generations- and China doesn't get bored, they play the long game.

Re: China and Taiwan, it takes some imagination to see Taiwan becoming part of China. There's virtually no historical precendent for Taiwan to be ruled by China. Regardless of that, China would have to drop the whole "communism" thing first. Taiwan doesn't like that.

josiahcy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Taiwan scenario + Chinese civil war scenario suggestion

Tiemen,

Actually, I think the Taiwan scenario is quite possible and fun. But, you would have to go beyond the realistic OOB and would have to add fictitious divisions and etc... Adding a large AB corps, diminishing ROC A/S, and maybe confuse the ROC army for a few turns and give PRC a lot of naval transport capability and increase number of PRC divisions by 1/3. (like 60-80000 at least) Just a few suggestions...

I think a Chinese civil war (Taiwan invading China) would be fun. Anyone thought of that? I mean it is always China invading Taiwan, but what about Taiwan invading China? ( Somewhat nostalgic and irrational mainlander is elected in Taiwan, and decides to invade the mainland after some sort of attempted coup in Beijing)

josiahcy

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Back in, IIRC 1978, China carried out a limited punitive invasion of Vietnam. (there's already a scenario out there about the invasion).

Something like this could be combined with a possible rapprochment between US and Vietnam whereas China is almost surrounded by hostile nations: Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, India.

Alternativly, you could go for a scenario where China teams with the US (or goes it alone) to attack North Korea to prevent that nation from aquiring nuclear weapons.

Tim

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The problem I had with my taiwan scenario is getting the PO to airdrop troops so, I just changed ownership of a hex and then deploy them. You right about having a very large invasion force. In reality the PLA would be driven back into the sea.

Grant

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe that in order for the PO to use airborne or sea movement, you have to make it so that those forms of movement are the only way that the PO can move those troops to their first formation objective. Set aside a row of hexes on the edge of the map, separate from the rest, and it should work. I had the PO conduct amphibious operations with the Peruvian Marines in my old Ecuador 95 scenario, and as far as I can remember, it worked fine. I even put them on multiple objective tracks.

aussiesta

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
concentrate

I'd suggest you concentrate in either a campaign in the Japanese invasion (most were huge) or just the final Communist push into Manchuria in early 1949, that destroyed any hopes of total victory the Kuominant could have, and won't give as many problems with the map (there's some maps of Manchuria in other scenarios over there.)