chestnuts vol 2

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
just wondering. Now that ASL has close to 90 'official' boards would it be time to revamp some of the original scenarios and some DASL ones as well. For instance I redid some classics, play tested them and they came out pretty good. I redid the Tiger of Toungoo played it twice and it was exciting to the end. Also for Showdown at Tug Argan pass I used the Korea module boards to create a hilly path and scenario was fun. Minor tweeks could be done on many scenarios with more options available. I'm currently looking at Riposte and Thrust and Parry using new boards based on google earth images of Pfaffenheck I think this would be a fascinating project as an alternative set. Those who like the originals that's fine as well. But why not? It may rejuvenate interest and perhaps sales?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
just wondering. Now that ASL has close to 90 'official' boards would it be time to revamp some of the original scenarios and some DASL ones as well. For instance I redid some classics, play tested them and they came out pretty good. I redid the Tiger of Toungoo played it twice and it was exciting to the end. Also for Showdown at Tug Argan pass I used the Korea module boards to create a hilly path and scenario was fun. Minor tweeks could be done on many scenarios with more options available. I'm currently looking at Riposte and Thrust and Parry using new boards based on google earth images of Pfaffenheck I think this would be a fascinating project as an alternative set. Those who like the originals that's fine as well. But why not? It may rejuvenate interest and perhaps sales?
Always thought a redo of some of the old Paratrooper scenarios with different (read newer) boards would have been preferred as oppossed to reissuing them using the older boards with a lot of terrain modifications.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
just wondering. Now that ASL has close to 90 'official' boards would it be time to revamp some of the original scenarios
IMO, no. Instead of "revamping" an older scenario, there's nothing wrong with designing new scenarios for the same situation. Much better and more interesting than slapping a new paint job on an older scenario -- particularly if the older scenario isn't all that good. If the old scenario plays just fine as it is, leave it alone!

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We used to do a lot of DYO games, you could use any boards you wanted and forces.