Chess.com 3.0 is Here

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A door hinge slowly turns with a squeeeeak; cobwebs break and drift slowly to the floor as the door swings open. A match is heard struck, and a torch flares to life. "Hello? Anyone here?" :D

Been a while.

Just wanted to give a heads up that Chess.com has finally released their long, long awaited 3.0 software update! :bounce:

https://youtu.be/lnvtZFHVUBA

(Sorry, I can no longer get vids to embed no matter what I do.)

I didn't realize it was released until I accidentally stumbled upon a link to the release announcement in the blogs section. Chess.com needs to be more upfront about this! It should have been accompanied by social media announcements and a prominent banner on the main site for those of us who weren't beta testing the software. To use the 3.0 software, you need to click on the tiny, tiny "try the new chess.com" link at the very bottom of the page. Come on! It should be more noticeable than that!

Lurker

Reaction score
I log into my account periodically and never noticed that "try" link at the bottom of the page. Thanks for the heads up. I currently don't have any games going on over there so I have yet to really see the changes in this version.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another survivor! :) How are you doing, Steve!

Glad I could give you a heads up! For the most part, I like the new look. It does have a few bugs yet, but I think it is an improvement over 2.0.

You cut back on your games, eh? I had for the last two years or so but now I am getting back into it. As before, Chess is proving to be a refuge from the gaming collapse. :)

Lurker

Reaction score
I'm doing well Scott. Glad to see you back into chess!
I'm playing most of my games over on ItsYourTurn.com. I let my membership to chess.com lapse and I haven't started any games there since my vacation in October. Let me know if you want to start something up and I'll bring myself out of hibernation.

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Wow. That "try the new chess.com" button is super tiny!

Over the last 6 months i've ramped my games up, playing as well as i ever have.

I was actually looking to play a few games against some much higher ranked people than me and almost, almost, hit the ask friend "rooksbaily" for a game. But i had some 1500+ ppl challenge me so that ticked my boxes. Just dropped in today for no reason to see the new thread.

Big hey hello to everyone in the chess threads.

I'll give the new chess 3.0 a go.